Some sneaky stars in the Bills win over the Jets

LB48

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not a peep about RT Daryl Williams.  He quietly had a good game. 

I'm not sure about that because there were no holes for Motor or Moss, but if he is anywhere near back to form, that's HUGE for us. I didn't isolate on him at all in gamepass, but he gives me hope and may save Ford's career.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

When you don't hear an OL's name, it means he didn't get flagged for any penalties and didn't do anything egregiously bad.  But the entire O line really struggled against the Jet's D line.  Our RBs got lousy stats but they had no holes to run through.  So yeah, I didn't hear any of their names but I didn't see Motor or Moss sprinting to the second level, either. 

I need to watch the game, but

1) in his "locker room" presser, Mitch Morse kept saying "we (the line) has a lot to clean up...I have a lot of things to clean up".   I inferred he was talking about run blocking, which does not seem to be his strength.

2) He also spoke several times about how Josh gets the line out of trouble, which I took as acknowledging that even in pass protection, they had breakdowns and Josh's mobility bailed them out.

I had the impression, though, that Gregg-o was stacking the box and daring Josh to beat them with his arm.  Which made me smile when Josh said "OK!"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think the Jets D line and run game in particular was their strength last year. I also wonder if Greg Williams might of picked Frank Gore’s brain on some of the blocking schemes for run plays.

During the game   I was watching the ol seemed to be some type of tell for the Jets d line when we were going to run, they always had one guy split though for an easy tackle

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Didn’t realize Zimmer was 27, he’s bounced around a bunch since the Bills signed him as a UDFA back in 2016.  He’s an athletic freak, had a ridiculous Pro Day.  Wonder if he can finally put it all together.  His measurables are a lot like Kyle’s, and that run stuff in the backfield he made early in the game looked like a KW special.

Zimmers play was very encouraging, had high hopes for him when he was here before with his athletic traits, be a great bonus if he was able to put it together and a cheap one.

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Didn’t realize Zimmer was 27, he’s bounced around a bunch since the Bills signed him as a UDFA back in 2016.  He’s an athletic freak, had a ridiculous Pro Day.  Wonder if he can finally put it all together.  His measurables are a lot like Kyle’s, and that run stuff in the backfield he made early in the game looked like a KW special.

Loved his game  but his number .. 61.. looked a bit odd , but no complaints !

Edited by dwight in philly

Funny, I heard here just last week that roberts was a waste of a roster spot because KR and PR are irrelevant nowadays and andre’s roster spot would be better used on duke williams. And then sunday happened and i don’t see that genius anywhere around here.

anyways roberts definitely deserves a game ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I need to watch the game, but

1) in his "locker room" presser, Mitch Morse kept saying "we (the line) has a lot to clean up...I have a lot of things to clean up".   I inferred he was talking about run blocking, which does not seem to be his strength.

2) He also spoke several times about how Josh gets the line out of trouble, which I took as acknowledging that even in pass protection, they had breakdowns and Josh's mobility bailed them out.

I had the impression, though, that Gregg-o was stacking the box and daring Josh to beat them with his arm.  Which made me smile when Josh said "OK!"

Spain, perhaps thinking of his namesake, was a perfect matador yesterday...

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Gabe Davis blew a couple of blocks and took a bad penalty.  Was not a great game for him.

He did whiff on the 1st 2 blocks but he steadily improved throughout the game. He’s a quick learner. First real game action and 43 offensive snaps! 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know people hate it, but Trent Murphy was pretty damn good yesterday. And others said, Oliver was schooling the interior guys. I though Addison and Hughes were dominate as well. 

Murphy 7 sacks and 2FF in last 7 games (according to Bills twitter).  That’s really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Funny, I heard here just last week that roberts was a waste of a roster spot because KR and PR are irrelevant nowadays and andre’s roster spot would be better used on duke williams. And then sunday happened and i don’t see that genius anywhere around here.

anyways roberts definitely deserves a game ball.

I'm rewatching the game on NFL Gamepass and was thinking not only does Roberts deserve a game ball, but I wish he could give Josh Allen ball security lessons.

Focusing on how Josh holds the football while he moves, my surprise is not that he's fumbled twice.  My surprise is that he only fumbled twice. 

I swear to God, Josh Allen runs around the football field holding the ball with all the situational awareness of a Sea World keeper walking across the 6" cement wall separating the Orca tanks, waving a live cod at hip level.  Any moment now, you know one the Orcas is likely to broach and grab it, and if he gets smashed with the fish or not is only a matter of luck.

Keep that Orca dinner tucked in, Dad.  And while you're at it, get some golf tips from 'Dre.

42 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Dawson Knox

I saw a couple blocking efforts from Knox and from Singletary that pleased and impressed me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wasn’t a substitution was an extra lineman.  Think he was tackle eligible on Josh’s TD run.

8 O linemen on that play i believe  :D

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Dawson Knox

Yes actually
I have never seen him moved to the backfield  so much and asked to do all that blocking as if he were a FB, and then make some plays downfield too !
so YES !