Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I don’t know about “frequently”. 

He did so on the John Brown TD, yes. I can’t recall any other instances. 

While the Jets brought extra rushers frequently, I’m not so sure they employed many zero blitzes.

Got it. I tend to speak in hyperbole which causes me some issues online lol

I could’ve sworn during the Cover 1 breakdown they said he beat it a few times but just highlighted the Brown one because it was the most apparent instance. 

The All-22 going up late this week meant I didn’t get a chance to look at it myself. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Got it. I tend to speak in hyperbole which causes me some issues online lol

I could’ve sworn during the Cover 1 breakdown they said he beat it a few times but just highlighted the Brown one because it was the most apparent instance. 

The All-22 going up late this week meant I didn’t get a chance to look at it myself. 

You could absolutely be right.

I haven’t re-watched the game and am just going off memory.

Here’s hoping Allen has overcome his woes against zero blitzes for good, in any case.

1 hour ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Good questions, fans not in the stands is one part of it. Players get to be home in their own bed, their own coffee, there is something to be said for that.

I'm thinking it's only one to two points without fans (travel and weather).  Since the casual bettor still has three for the home team on their mind it might be a great year for sharps.  

1 hour ago, AirAllenPower said:

Bills fans have 20 years of psychological trauma blinding them to what we saw Sunday.  If Allen doesn't fumble twice, its 35-0 AT HALFTIME.  buffalo had 31 fricken 1st downs.  They punted once. 

And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

The Bills scored just six points in the second half.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Here’s my prediction:  Our running game breaks loose for game dominance.  Josh passes less (less attempts) than last week but ultimately has more yards than last week, due to a lot of RAC. Fitz dinks & dunks us to put up more points than the Jets did last week but at the end, when they are still behind, he will press & throw the picks just like Picks-Patrick always does. 

Bills 34    Jets 27

Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!

Are we playing Jets again?

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

It was as dominant a performance as we’ve seen in a while. The Jets were never a threat in the game on either side of the ball. Like others have said, they were our cat toy. 

And the only TD they scored that mattered was a busted play!  I’m on board with this being a dominant, no-doubt win tomorrow, even without Edmunds and Milano.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Lacey and Smith elevated from the practice squad 

I hope that Lacey has been working hard with some trainers in the off-season. He’s coming into this one pretty cold. I know he was familiar with the defence from 2018, but I still worry when a guy like that is forced into duty right off the street.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

1. Any team quarterbacked by Ryan Fitzpatrick is never to be completely counted out. Yes, he can throw four interceptions in a game, but he can also throw four touchdowns. We've all seen it happen many, many times. Jekyl and Hyde. Which one will we see?

2. I was there in Orchard Park last year when the winless Dolphins were beating the Bills halfway into the third quarter. It took a miraculous Tre White interception and a 98 yard scoring drive to put the Bills out front, and it was close until the very end. Since then, the Dolphins have gotten better. I realize the Bills have gotten better, too, but I can't pretend like I didn't see the Phins and Fitzy stomping a mudhole in the Bills for more than a half of football.

3. We are without our two starting linebackers. The oppositions running game and tight end are good enough to take advantage of that lack.

4. I disagree with the notion that their cover guys "should not be a match for Diggs and Brown". Byron Jones very effectively limited Diggs the last time these two played. Xavien Howard is now fully healthy and should be able to cover John Brown with at least some success. Brian Flores is a good defensive mind.

5. The Bills, until they prove otherwise, are still susceptible to being beat by Zero Blitzes. The Dolphins will employ them frequently.

6. It's the NFL. Any given sunday

I agree with this. I think it will be a tougher game on the road and which Fitz shows up ?

I like the Bills in this one but don't see a blow out

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

1. Any team quarterbacked by Ryan Fitzpatrick is never to be completely counted out. Yes, he can throw four interceptions in a game, but he can also throw four touchdowns. We've all seen it happen many, many times. Jekyl and Hyde. Which one will we see?

2. I was there in Orchard Park last year when the winless Dolphins were beating the Bills halfway into the third quarter. It took a miraculous Tre White interception and a 98 yard scoring drive to put the Bills out front, and it was close until the very end. Since then, the Dolphins have gotten better. I realize the Bills have gotten better, too, but I can't pretend like I didn't see the Phins and Fitzy stomping a mudhole in the Bills for more than a half of football.

3. We are without our two starting linebackers. The oppositions running game and tight end are good enough to take advantage of that lack.

4. I disagree with the notion that their cover guys "should not be a match for Diggs and Brown". Byron Jones very effectively limited Diggs the last time these two played. Xavien Howard is now fully healthy and should be able to cover John Brown with at least some success. Brian Flores is a good defensive mind.

5. The Bills, until they prove otherwise, are still susceptible to being beat by Zero Blitzes. The Dolphins will employ them frequently.

6. It's the NFL. Any given Sunday.

Somebody get this man a prescription for BBFS neutralizer, STAT!

• Haha (+1) 1