Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did?

After the first missed field goal (the one that was actually good), he missed his next field goal attempt. I can see how one would interpret that as "looking shook," especially since the legitimately missed field goal is within the range of what should be "automatic" for an NFL kicker. 

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

After the first missed field goal (the one that was actually good), he missed his next field goal attempt. I can see how one would interpret that as "looking shook," especially since the legitimately missed field goal is within the range of what should be "automatic" for an NFL kicker. 

Fair enough, I’m not going to blame it on anything mental at this point though. 

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

What are so many of you seeing in Miami that I’m missing?

I think beating New England last year has a lot to do with it. I’ve never seen a 5 win team this highly thought of

Edited by CNY315
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fair enough, I’m not going to blame it on anything mental at this point though. 

The thing is that he did kick a few extra points as well, sort of contradicting the "he was shook" narrative.  I guess we will see how he does next game. I don't want to give up on him like we did with Dustin Hopkins. I think Bass has a future in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

What are so many of you seeing in Miami that I’m missing? They stink. Yeah Fitz can ball once in a while but Parker will be limited, their TE is ok, and they have a couple pedestrians at RB. Their D has a couple cover guys who should not be a match for Diggs/Brown.  If Josh plays similar to last week, without the fumbles of course, this is an easy W. Doesn’t mean it will be but there aren’t any objective reasons why we shouldn’t win big. I don’t want to hear about how hard Flores guys play, talent wins in the NFL. We are the kings of hard playing no talent teams that sucked in Buffalo.

It’s never easy to go to Miami to win in September in that humidity. Minus Edmunds/Milano, I think it’s going to be a very close game. I think the Bills pull off a close one, but I believe it’s going to be a lot closer than people think and wouldn’t even be shocked if Miami won. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

It was literally the most kicks ever missed in week 1 of an NFL season.

But hey...let's panic and cut the kid after one game.

Also worth mentioning:  wind. Hauschka over time got very good at playing the Bills Stadium wind after figuring out his plan of adjustment early in the day, and monitoring it as the game began. The wind seemed to play a major part in the fake miss being as close as it was;  this is a season with high expectations but even so we can afford a little patience here.

What are so many of you seeing in Miami that I’m missing? They stink. Yeah Fitz can ball once in a while but Parker will be limited, their TE is ok, and they have a couple pedestrians at RB. Their D has a couple cover guys who should not be a match for Diggs/Brown.  If Josh plays similar to last week, without the fumbles of course, this is an easy W. Doesn’t mean it will be but there aren’t any objective reasons why we shouldn’t win big. I don’t want to hear about how hard Flores guys play, talent wins in the NFL. We are the kings of hard playing no talent teams that sucked in Buffalo.

1. Any team quarterbacked by Ryan Fitzpatrick is never to be completely counted out. Yes, he can throw four interceptions in a game, but he can also throw four touchdowns. We've all seen it happen many, many times. Jekyl and Hyde. Which one will we see?

2. I was there in Orchard Park last year when the winless Dolphins were beating the Bills halfway into the third quarter. It took a miraculous Tre White interception and a 98 yard scoring drive to put the Bills out front, and it was close until the very end. Since then, the Dolphins have gotten better. I realize the Bills have gotten better, too, but I can't pretend like I didn't see the Phins and Fitzy stomping a mudhole in the Bills for more than a half of football.

3. We are without our two starting linebackers. The oppositions running game and tight end are good enough to take advantage of that lack.

4. I disagree with the notion that their cover guys "should not be a match for Diggs and Brown". Byron Jones very effectively limited Diggs the last time these two played. Xavien Howard is now fully healthy and should be able to cover John Brown with at least some success. Brian Flores is a good defensive mind.

5. The Bills, until they prove otherwise, are still susceptible to being beat by Zero Blitzes. The Dolphins will employ them frequently.

6. It's the NFL. Any given Sunday.

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Also worth mentioning:  wind. Hauschka over time got very good at playing the Bills Stadium wind after figuring out his plan of adjustment early in the day, and monitoring it as the game began. The wind seemed to play a major part in the fake miss being as close as it was;  this is a season with high expectations but even so we can afford a little patience here.

Absolutely.

The announcers mentioned, too, that the total lack of fans cause the wind to act a little differently, too.

Bottom line: I'm not panicking on Bass.

And unless I missed someone signing him, Hauschka is still sitting out there on the market, waiting to be signed. If Bass DOES turn out to be a cataclysmic failure, just bring Hauschka back in. But we're not there yet.

• Like (+1) 4

Bills fans have 20 years of psychological trauma blinding them to what we saw Sunday.  If Allen doesn't fumble twice, its 35-0 AT HALFTIME.  buffalo had 31 fricken 1st downs.  They punted once. 

This is against a defense that is at worst average.  They have everyone back and replaced Adam's with a capable vet in McDougal, same system,  7th in dvoa, 2nd vs the run. 20 th vs the pass. Their dline is legit. They are well coached on d...

Josh Allen looked like Kurt fricken Warner!!

The bills are very very good and if Josh Allen keeps this up we will face KC in the AFC championship 

They are going to destroy Miami and its going to be ugly. Its going to be over at halftime 

Edited by AirAllenPower
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

Bills fans have 20 years of psychological trauma blinding them to what we saw Sunday.  If Allen doesn't fumble twice, its 35-0 AT HALFTIME.  buffalo had 31 fricken 1st downs.  They punted once. 

This is against a defense that is at worst average.  They have everyone back and replaced Adam's with a capable vet in McDougal, same system,  7th in dvoa, 2nd vs the run. 20 th vs the pass. Their dline is legit. They are well coached on d...

The bills are very very good and if Josh Allen keeps this up we will face KC in the AFC championship 

They are going to destroy Miami and its going to be ugly. Its going to be over at halftime 

Good point, Josh really needs to work on securing the ball. He runs with the ball holding it with one hand. He needs to work on two handing the ball while running.

12 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

It was as dominant a performance as we’ve seen in a while. The Jets were never a threat in the game on either side of the ball. Like others have said, they were our cat toy. 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

1. Any team quarterbacked by Ryan Fitzpatrick is never to be completely counted out. Yes, he can throw four interceptions in a game, but he can also throw four touchdowns. We've all seen it happen many, many times. Jekyl and Hyde. Which one will we see?

2. I was there in Orchard Park last year when the winless Dolphins were beating the Bills halfway into the third quarter. It took a miraculous Tre White interception and a 98 yard scoring drive to put the Bills out front, and it was close until the very end. Since then, the Dolphins have gotten better. I realize the Bills have gotten better, too, but I can't pretend like I didn't see the Phins and Fitzy stomping a mudhole in the Bills for more than a half of football.

3. We are without our two starting linebackers. The oppositions running game and tight end are good enough to take advantage of that lack.

4. I disagree with the notion that their cover guys "should not be a match for Diggs and Brown". Byron Jones very effectively limited Diggs the last time these two played. Xavien Howard is now fully healthy and should be able to cover John Brown with at least some success. Brian Flores is a good defensive mind.

5. The Bills, until they prove otherwise, are still susceptible to being beat by Zero Blitzes. The Dolphins will employ them frequently.

6. It's the NFL. Any given Sunday.

Absolutely.

The announcers mentioned, too, that the total lack of fans cause the wind to act a little differently, too.

Bottom line: I'm not panicking on Bass.

And unless I missed someone signing him, Hauschka is still sitting out there on the market, waiting to be signed. If Bass DOES turn out to be a cataclysmic failure, just bring Hauschka back in. But we're not there yet.

Didn’t Josh frequently audible into the correct call against zero blitzes that Greg Williams had dialed up last week?

The most notable one being the John Brown touchdown? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Didn’t Josh frequently audible into the correct call against zero blitzes that Greg Williams had dialed up last week?

The most notable one being the John Brown touchdown? 

I don’t know about “frequently”. 

He did so on the John Brown TD, yes. I can’t recall any other instances. 

While the Jets brought extra rushers frequently, I’m not so sure they employed many zero blitzes.