Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I’m scared that injuries can pile up in the Miami heat.

Let’s hope the Bills walk out of Miami kinda healthy with the win.

The heat is a big concern of mine as well. The weather in OP has been cool and comfortable, they are not at all used to south Florida heat. Last year they were able to go down to SC to practice and scrimmage the panthers in August. This year they are not accustomed. The good news is at least from a DL perspective the have a nice rotation and they are all healthy 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The heat is a big concern of mine as well. The weather in OP has been cool and comfortable, they are not at all used to south Florida heat. Last year they were able to go down to SC to practice and scrimmage the panthers in August. This year they are not accustomed 

If they are the great team that they (and we) want them to be, the concerns should be for the opposition, not the Bills. 😁

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Giesiki doesnt scare me at all.  

I think a lot of people can't name too many of New England's LB's without Google and Gesicki only managed 3 catches last week. He has talent and potential but it's not like we're dealing with Travis Kelce

Edited by CNY315
  • Like (+1) 1

My biggest concern with our LBs is not in run support but in pass coverage.. I think Klein and Matakevich will shut down the run just fine.... and I’m hoping they’re not as bad in pass coverage as I think.. but I do think we’ll be just fine against the run... those are two things Klein and Matakevich do just fine at.. extra safety help? scheme friendly defense to our backup LBs?? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless you prefer starting LBs, looking pretty healthy

Ouch.  ugh ugh ugh ugh on the LB situation.  I hope Frazier has a rabbit or two to pull out of his hat.  Down 3.

25 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

My biggest concern with our LBs is not in run support but in pass coverage.. I think Klein and Matakevich will shut down the run just fine.... and I’m hoping they’re not as bad in pass coverage as I think.. but I do think we’ll be just fine against the run... those are two things Klein and Matakevich do just fine at.. extra safety help? scheme friendly defense to our backup LBs?? 

So I think Hyde commented that he was surprised that the Bills ran so little nickel and dime, and it's because of what Milano can do.

In theory, the Bills could put more DB I guess - but who, and how much drop off would there be?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if I feel this way BEYOND the Miami game....but if we can't beat the Dolphins without Milano and Edmunds...I'm not so sure the Bills are as good as we thought this year.  I think there are certainly games coming up where we'll need them (especially the following 4-game stretch: Rams/Raiders/Titans/Chiefs).

Hopefully this is a game where the Offense can carry the Defense for a change!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless you prefer starting LBs, looking pretty healthy

Is this based on anything because my fantasy WRs are really banged up and he’s available because someone just dropped him. I don’t like the matchup but I’m desperate 

Well 3 LBs out with Fromm so that's 4 not dressing.  Add a O lineman and that's 5.

Epenesa should dress, LOL.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Intersting that Zo still seems to be so plugged in - nice that he reached out to Dodson/  Like his advice - "Be yourself, ball out, grow as you go"

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I think Hyde commented that he was surprised that the Bills ran so little nickel and dime, and it's because of what Milano can do.

In theory, the Bills could put more DB I guess - but who, and how much drop off would there be?

Correct. I think you are right, sir. I mean, it’s also worth pointing out that nobody Miami has in the backfield really scares me.. we should still win I say by a healthy amount.

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Correct. I think you are right, sir. I mean, it’s also worth pointing out that nobody Miami has in the backfield really scares me.. we should still win I say by a healthy amount.

Matt Breida  is very fast but they didn’t use him much last week 

• Like (+1) 1