Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I had to come around on 17 for Allen. I like it now, but I wanted him in 9. - I still don't like Edmunds in 49. 

I feel like because he's a white dude with white wristbands (at least I think he had white wristbands, but that may be my imagination) there's a level of awesomeness and uniqueness that makes 61 acceptable there. 

It took me a minute to come around on Edmunds' number.

Ultimately, it came down to two things. One, Edmunds is halfway between a LB and a DB anyway, so a number in the 40s actually sort of makes sense. Two, if Edmunds turns out to be a great player, he can sort of "own" 49 as a jersey number. For me, when a player is sufficiently great, he's the first person I think of when I hear a certain jersey number. 80 is Rice. 83 is Reed. 7 is Elway, 4 is Favre, and so on. Edmunds could be the greatest 49 to ever play. 

As for best numbers by position, I'm in agreement on all but the following. We're probably going to have to settle this with a duel. Contrary opinions are not allowed.

QB: 12

FB: 40 

TE: 89

CB: 24 (did you really say 31, you wreckless lunatic?!?!)

S: 31, 39

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that the two routes were deep passes to Diggs.  Jet's played two deep safety and a lot of zone against the Bills, taking away the deeper passes but got ripped up with the short stuff.  My guess is that Miami will play more man and if protection holds up will net some attempts from Josh to the wide outs for deeper passes.

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I actively root for WR's that wear numbers in the 80's and assume they will be great players. I loved Amari Cooper with the raiders, then he went to Dallas and went from #89 to #19 and you can forget it. (also, he has cowboy stench, so)

Numbers matter. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. 

Calvin Johnson wore #81, Zay Jones wore #11. 

I rest my case. 

I’ll be sure to let Diggs, Brown and Beasley and Davis that you aren’t actively rooting for them! Poor guys. Wait you hate mckenzie too  :(

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

It took me a minute to come around on Edmunds' number.

Ultimately, it came down to two things. One, Edmunds is halfway between a LB and a DB anyway, so a number in the 40s actually sort of makes sense. Two, if Edmunds turns out to be a great player, he can sort of "own" 49 as a jersey number. For me, when a player is sufficiently great, he's the first person I think of when I hear a certain jersey number. 80 is Rice. 83 is Reed. 7 is Elway, 4 is Favre, and so on. Edmunds could be the greatest 49 to ever play. 

As for best numbers by position, I'm in agreement on all but the following. We're probably going to have to settle this with a duel. Contrary opinions are not allowed.

QB: 12

FB: 40 

TE: 89

CB: 24 (did you really say 31, you wreckless lunatic?!?!)

S: 31, 39

He's like if a DB ate a linebacker and all his family... 

I do understand the "he can make it great" argument, and that brings me consolation now. I just fundamentally disagree with LBers in the 40's.

QB: I grew up post Kelly in the era where 12 was Brady, so no. That won't do. 

FB: I can probably come around on this. Gilliam looked so dang good in 41 though. 😪

TE: Flip a coin, that was my second choice after 86.

CB: 24 should definitely be on my list, my bad. 31 is a good one if you're gonna be in the 30's. What other 30 would you put a CB in? 

S: I refuse to have a safety in 39. 

Choose your weapon: 

- Gun

- Sword

- Used Toilet Brush

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be sure to let Diggs, Brown and Beasley and Davis that you aren’t actively rooting for them! Poor guys. Wait you hate mckenzie too  :(

It's not my fault they've made horrible career choices. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That blue on white is one of my favorite combos. 

Somehow this will fix his fumbling problems... 

I remember Tiki Barber had fumbling problems early in his career and Tom Coughlin corrected it by having him hold the football a certain way. Maybe the Bills RB coach could help here. We don't want Allen running all that much but when he does then he should at least learn how to protect the football. The Bills could have built on the 21-0 lead over the Jets if this were the case. I don't want his fumbling to cost us games down the road.