Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, they were one of the worst rosters in nfl history to start the year but they were feisty with Fitz.  I think they are headed in the right direction unfortunately and if Tua is healthy, they will be a really tough team.

but currently, there are still one of their worst rosters in the nfl.  This should be a comfortable victory. 

I think it is extreme to claim they had one of the worst rosters in NFL history. Just the presence of Fitzpatrick means it wasn't even close.

DeVonte Parker is a legitimate talent at WR. Mike Gesicki is a legitimate TE. They had players all across the roster that are decent NFL players. Nobody great, obviously.

I think it was nowhere close to the worst ever. We've seen FAR worse rosters from the Bills during some of the worst drought years, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

All true, but the only thing that literally no one can determine right now is whether Tua will be their franchise quarterback.

Now, I know there are more than our fair share of Bills fans who are certain Tua will (a) be successful or (b) be a bust, but no one really knows how he will respond when his time has come. Will he stay healthy? If he is successful, how long it will take for his success to be consistent? Two years? Three?

We're watching three highly-rated top QB draft picks crap the bed right now in Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen. 

Point being, they can have a really good new head coach, but if the Tua pick doesn't pan out, they're set back pretty badly. Think about the state of the Jets or Browns if they wake up at the end of this season and realize they need a new QB. That remains a possibility for the Fish.

QB...always the franchise question mark, but I think they are going to have a better defence than we have seen from them in a while.

As we know, good defence can cover a lot of new-QB growing pains and Fitz as their bench would not be a bad setup.

We will see. Not saying they are world-beaters right now, but certainly not a team that is going to roll over and hand you a "W".

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Polarizing QB ? That is mostly outside the Bills mafia with "analysts" trying to save face for being blatantly wrong about Allen. Who wants to admit their takes on the "right" and "wrong" Josh? 

As it stands right now, Jackson and Allen were the best picks in the vaunted draft class

Come here much?😳

• Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think it is extreme to claim they had one of the worst rosters in NFL history. Just the presence of Fitzpatrick means it wasn't even close.

DeVonte Parker is a legitimate talent at WR. Mike Gesicki is a legitimate TE. They had players all across the roster that are decent NFL players. Nobody great, obviously.

I think it was nowhere close to the worst ever. We've seen FAR worse rosters from the Bills during some of the worst drought years, in my opinion.

This is such hindsight.  They traded their pro bowl LT.  they traded a guy who was in the conversation for defensive player of the year.  They traded their other starting receiver.  They traded their starting Rb.  Fitz was their leading rusher last year with 243 yards! Parker was huge bust before last year.  Their TE was a 3rd round rookie.  

plenty of people thought it was one of the worst opening day rosters ever.  They were giving away talent.  

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

There are no gimmies in the NFL.

That said, unless Miami’s safeties and LBs are prepared to handle their business in coverage, it could be a long day. I would bet that they’re going to try to man up against Diggs and Brown with Howard and Jones, which means Beasley, Knox, and the backs get zone matchups that Allen should be able to exploit with the extra time in the pocket.

Unless Miami chooses to blitz, in which case that’s where a guy with the short area quickness of Beasley is so valuable. Without LB help underneath, he’s going to put most slot corners through the meat grinder. Same goes for Knox—if you don’t bracket him, he can get over the top on you and use his size.

Defensively, Parker better be healthy, otherwise I don’t see anyone that’s a threat to get open consistently in man coverage. Also, I think their OL is still a weak point, which is more of a problem for them in the run game than passing since Fitzy can quick trigger, but only if guys are open.

Nice breakdown. Opposing DCs are in a quandary playing these combination coverage schemes because because Diggs and Brown both rank high in beating man to man coverage, especially Diggs, who beats it regardless of where he lines up as a receiver. As good as many of these CBs are in man coverage, not all of them can play it equally well from both the boundary and slot positions, so shading Diggs with the same CB can be dicey. Add the fact that Beasley is exceptional in finding the open areas in zones and Knox has also shown the same ability at times, and you can see why it’s gonna be a challenge to defend. I like our chances. 

35 minutes ago, WideNine said:

We will see. Not saying they are world-beaters right now, but certainly not a team that is going to roll over and hand you a "W".

I agree. I suspect this particular game will be more of a challenge than the Jets...but longer term, we know Fitz is just the bridge, so the question becomes Tua. When he's finally the starter, how quickly will he be able to read NFL defenses? Especially the Bills defense, which is pretty damn good at confusing everybody.

As far as this weekend goes, it's one of those games the Bills are expected to win. In previous years, it was the game they were expected to win that they seemed to always lose, but this team seems much more focused at the specific task at hand, winning the games they're supposed to win. It would be great to wake up Monday at 2-0, especially with the Fish at 0-2.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I want Milano and Edmunds back and healthy, but honestly if I had to choose one it would be Milano. Dodson looked like he could handle himself out there whereas the drop from Milano to Kline seems higher. 

IDK man, Klein did force Le'Veon out of the game with his holding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Big C said:

IDK man, Klein did force Le'Veon out of the game with his holding.

Even if Edmunds and milano miss a couple games, I don't care.  It's time for the offense to carry the team for a change.  Put up 40 pts, it wont matter 

Klein and Dodson,  or even Thompson/ Joseph resign for a bit. We should be fine 

The offense needs to carry the team