Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

I do not think it will be a close game. I think the Dolphins are overrated. Probably better than the Jets, but that's a very low bar.

They easily have as many new pieces as the Jets which could be rough for them to get them all moving in the same direction. But I'm more worried about Flores pulling his team together than I was of Gase. Still the Bills should win and they need to win the games they should win.

• Like (+1) 2

I was at a Wild Wings place and they had the Fins game on next to the Bills game.  They looked a bit sloppy against the Pats.  If we get Milano and Edmunds back, I think we are fine.  If not, we need Lorax.  For those who kept saying Roberts was expendable, and Milano is not that important, some of the same people were complaining we might lose Milano for this game.  They both are important to our team.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Miami DL is going to struggle with Allen’s athleticism. I don’t want the design qb runs —but he escapes pressure . Interestingly there were no passing TDs in the Miami-Pats game and Cam was the leading rusher for Pats. I don’t really think there is a difference maker on Miami’s front 7.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the big issue is how do the Dolphins move the ball. I can see the Dolphins defense doing a better job against the Bills offense than the Jets did but man Devante Parker looks like he won’t play, their next best WR is probably Jakeem Grant or Preston Williams(who is coming off a knee injury). 

I got the Bills in a very similar score to week 1 games against the Pats. Bills 20 Dolphins 10

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The line is already up to 5/5.5: https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

That seems about right to me.  The Bills are a much better team on paper, plus we have a huge advantage with regard to continuity.  I don't expect this week's game to be any closer than last week's.

I don’t know why this game would be any closer either, other than the Gase factor.  Didn’t see the Pats-Fins, but wasn’t everyone saying the Pats were going to be in the Trevor Lawrence derby?

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Never understand why fans do this.

How they play against the Dolphins will have no bearing on how they play against the Patriots. 

That's not true at all. It's obviously not a one-for-one comparison, but teams matchup well or less well against certain opponents and seeing common opponents can help you know what to expect.