SNF: Cowboys at Rams

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I just checked out the one on Green and that looked different to me.  In Green's case, he actually pushes off, and it looked a good call.

If you see the angle from tv and not the replays of the Ramsey Gallup one it’s the same, arm extended and some separation created 

Edited by Bray Wyatt

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is there anyone with a more punchable face than Jalen a Ramsey? I hate that guy.

Hate hate hate.  It’s like he is trying to make a face that everyone hates. 

on the topic of the game.  How is that an OPI and Kyle Rudolph’s a catch? Unreal

Edited by NewEra

26 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

they called a similar one on AJ green today cost the bengals the game 

The Green one was definitely legit. I don't get why fans don't want to see these offensive PI's? DB's constantly get called for ticky tack game changing calls. If a receiver wants to push off call it. Especially if they are dumb enough to do it in the end zone. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Green one was definitely legit. I don't get why fans don't want to see these offensive PI's? DB's constantly get called for ticky tack game changing calls. If a receiver wants to push off call it. Especially if they are dumb enough to do it in the end zone. 

I agree I think they were both good calls

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

If you see the angle from tv and not the replays of the Ramsey Gallup one it’s the same, arm extended and some separation created 

But Gallup didn't really shove Ramsey. He didn't use his arm to create separation; he already separated from Ramsey and and Ramsey sold the push off.

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

There was an interesting documentary on how the stadium was constructed; how it was made earthquake resistant and how the roof was built. They had to use one of the world’s largest cranes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/LosAngelesRams/comments/ipw8ql/watch_science_channel_documentary_on_sofi_stadium/

I watched this too. Amazing!

My first Monday morning thoughts on the SNF game:

- The stadium looks amazing. It really does. Kudos to all involved. And believe me I am not fan of the Kroenkes so it pains me to say that;

- Kudos to Sean McVay. I think he was the problem with the Rams last season. His stubbornness in trying to force his scheme on a group of players less suited to running it than the group he had before. I know the oline struggled last year but it partly struggled because of what he was asking them to do. What I saw last night convinced me for the first time that McVay has longevity as a Head Coach in this league. Much more multiple in formation and personnel grouping, rather than force fitting 11 personnel. Slowed it down, dropped a lot of the eye candy and smokscreens that made their offense hard to distinguish for opponents at its 2018 best, but made the job of its oline even harder in 2019 at its worst and lots of what you might call old school stretch zone in terms of the bootlegs for Goff and the half field reads. All mixed in with some proper power run game which they started to incorporate a bit more late last year alongside their more traditional zone running. It was a really well coordinated offense that looked like it suited the pieces it had which you could not say about them in 2019. That is what good football coaches do. I did fear watching the Rams last year that McVay was a one trick pony. 2020 is his chance to prove that he is not and he is off to a great start.

- Talking of the oline.... it really moved Dallas around in the trenches and Andrew Whitworth really is the 9th wonder of the world. Incredible performance for a man of his age.

- As for the Cowboys.... well that could have been a Cowboys performance from last season. Offense that plays well early and struggles late, coaching decisions that are beyond baffling.... it's the 4th quarter, you are down by 3.... kick the damn field goal you moron.... and it had the extra added source of Mike Nolan's defense.

- Yea... Mike Nolan's defense. Seriously? What in the world was that. The most outdated, early 00s defensive scheme seen this side of Rex Ryan. That Baltimore defensive tree - Nolan, Ryan, Lewis, Pagano, Smith was at the cutting edge of the NFL at one time. That time was 15 years ago. When was the last time any of them coordinated a really good defense? I fancied Dallas to have a strong year.... but with that defensive scheme I doubt it. It reminded me of when the Bills brought Wannstedt out of semi retirement to coordinate our defense.

- Oh and the OPI call at the end...... yes, that was an abomination of a call. But not sure it would have been overturned even if we had the abomination of a replay review system we had last year. So there's that.

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Beautiful stadium, you’d think SoCal would be the one place you wouldn’t need a dome though. I guess it basically serves the purpose of being a wall mount for a gigantic tv. 

It’s not an indoor stadium. Think of it like an umbrella to shade the fans and the field. The end zones are open air and allow the breeze to blow through. Unlike other parts of the country, LA has very little humidity and almost no bugs so open air works fine so long as you’re in the shade...which the umbrella provides.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s not an indoor stadium. Think of it like an umbrella to shade the fans and the field. The end zones are open air and allow the breeze to blow through. Unlike other parts of the country, LA has very little humidity and almost no bugs so open air works fine so long as you’re in the shade...which the umbrella provides.

I thought that was interesting and could see this becoming a new trend where stadiums get a cover to help shield the sun/rain/snow etc. but also be technically outdoors because the ends are open and allowing the wind and air to blow through. They said early on that you could still get a sun burn from the translucent panels that make up the roof. The panels would also allow an 'Indoor' field to have natural grass