Stefan Diggs is the real deal

Buddo

As author of the John Brown appreciation thread I love how he noted that John Brown was one of the most compete but underappreciated WRs in the league.

Was racking my brain for comparisons, and all I had to do was go back to Carolina. JB and SD remind me a little of Steve Smith. Smith was smaller then JB or SD, but in general JB and SD are smaller framed WRs who are fast, good route runners and natural hands catchers of the ball. What is better than 1 Steve Smith? 2 Steve Smiths. Now Smith had a mouth on him, but he backed it up. JB and SD are more quiet and just get work done.

Defending Diggs and Brown is a nasty thing to contemplate, can't double both. Add Beasley in the slot. Knox had a beautiful catch today and Moss showed nice hands and awareness, especially for a rookie on his TD catch. If the Oline can play better, and help get the non Allen rush game going, this could a lot of fun to watch.

49 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Diggs won the respect of a lot of Bills fans today.  What a throwback type player.  

All the hype about him being a diva was complete BULL💥.  He's not just a special talent and a team player but a good person.  I figured this out in preseason but that interview just proves it.  The shout out to Smoke was 100% the opposite what we were told to expect. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Don't be confused by the score or stats. Minnesota didn't start moving the ball until GB went into a defensive shell and started playing prevent in the 4th quarter. They had nothing going before that. 

24 pts in the 4th quarter Cousins is the king of garbage time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Minnesota scored 6 times for 34 points.  They gave up 43.  

talked to my close friend who’s a die hard Vikings fan.  First thing he said: “i miss Diggs already.  Our offense couldn’t get anything going until the 4th quarter, when the game was already decided”.  

but yeah, they scored 34

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

talked to my close friend who’s a die hard Vikings fan.  First thing he said: “i miss Diggs already.  Our offense couldn’t get anything going until the 4th quarter, when the game was already decided”.  

but yeah, they scored 34

Just reminds me of the game we had against them in 18 the game was over just needed to let the clock run out the final second, and Cousins does 1 more play anyway even though the gam was over but it let him pad his stats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

All the hype about him being a diva was complete BULL💥.  He's not just a special talent and a team player but a good person.  I figured this out in preseason but that interview just proves it.  The shout out to Smoke was 100% the opposite what we were told to expect. 

Tough to “figure it out in preseason”.  Dude has played one game.  My Vikings friend, who watched him for several years always called him a diva.  Even before he was traded. Doesn’t mean he’s not a helluva player.  It’s part of his competitiveness nature and what makes him great.

I love the guy and the trade, but I feel he may have an outburst or two in the future.  And more than likely, it’ll be ok.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Just reminds me of the game we had against them in 18 the game was over just needed to let the clock run out the final second, and Cousins does 1 more play anyway even though the gam was over but it let him pad his stats.

I remember thinking the same when it happened.  Empty points.

I think Diggs will have a good year but I think Smoke is going to have an amazing year.. Diggs obviously will face double teams consistently but Smoke is going to see some damn good matchups.. think Smoke is going to have by far his best year as a pro.. The acquisition of Diggs is ultimately to the benefit of John Brown and Cole Beasley.. really opens up things for those two..

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He also had an excellent block on Brown's TD. I don't know how he got a reputation as selfish in Minnesota, he is a team player.

As long as he is happy and heavily involved. 

which he should be here for the foreseeable future 

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Tough to “figure it out in preseason”.  Dude has played one game.  My Vikings friend, who watched him for several years always called him a diva.  Even before he was traded. Doesn’t mean he’s not a helluva player.  It’s part of his competitiveness nature and what makes him great.

I love the guy and the trade, but I feel he may have an outburst or two in the future.  And more than likely, it’ll be ok.

And I don’t think he’s the Deion sanders type when people said he was a diva. Word out of the Vikings locker room wasn’t that he was pushing others out of the spotlight. He’s gritty. And a hard worker. Definitely not soft. But he also got a lot of comments about being a little unusual and wasn’t shy about opinions. 

as long as we are winning, and he’s racking up stars (and cash) I don’t suspect we will have much trouble out of him. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1