A Few Thought about the Jets game, in no particular order

Virgil

So I'm watching the game on NFL Gamepass.  When Knox missed that pass in the endzone and one where Brown failed to hang onto it, did anyone else notice Diggs there gesturing with his hand up like "you need to stick that, bro!" "it hit your hands, man, come up with it!"  Not in a nasty way but more encouraging like "you can get that!"

• Like (+1) 1

Was out and about for the game and could only get quick updates from nfl.com.  Was so looking forward to your review and analysis!  

Great team win and yes...football is on!

Here in NE it’s all Cam all day now and Tommy is a distant memory.  His IG call is making Pats fans laugh- “that don’t happen in Foxborough”. They suck.  Period

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I'm watching the game on NFL Gamepass.  When Knox missed that pass in the endzone and one where Brown failed to hang onto it, did anyone else notice Diggs there gesturing with his hand up like "you need to stick that, bro!" "it hit your hands, man, come up with it!"  Not in a nasty way but more encouraging like "you can get that!"

I noticed Diggs several times talking to teammates. The Bills got a leader in him. 

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I understand your point, but he's essentially fumbled 4 times in the last two games and it's an obvious problem regardless of how it happens.

Not sure why, but he just can't seem to hold onto the football when he's in the open field.

If you understand my point, then you understand that after the Cleveland game, there were 7 games in a row where he was running in the open field his usual # carries and yards, but fumbled 0 times in the open field.

In 5 of those games, he fumbled 0 times; 2 were strip sacks, one the botched snap in the Dallas game that he converted for 4D).  In the Houston game, his fumbles were 1) behind the line of scrimmage, likely preparing to throw, 1 defender with 3 Bills to block (fail) 2) the attempted pitch to Dawson Knox which was stupid but appeared deliberate.

Which means he did hold onto the football in the open field.

No one is saying the fumbles aren't a serious problem, but stuff like "he's fumbled 4 times in the last 2 games" and "he just can't seem to hold onto the football" obscures details that bear on the problem.

He just needs to knock the rust off and return to his form of the last 7 regular season games.

• Like (+1) 1