A Few Thought about the Jets game, in no particular order

Virgil

You did well here, @Virgil!

Allen still does some things that are maddening to me, but at the end of the day?  As someone who remembers watching Bills' football since 1974 (born in 1971), I've seen many, many QBs come and go.  While I'm not married to a 300-yard performance as a benchmark to success, I am 100% on board that we have a hard-working QB who has skills that I haven't seen on this team for decades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Run game:  Moss had 9 caries for 11 yards (7 on one carry).  He was a zero factor.  Same with Singletary.  This against a weak Jets D.  This needs to be figured out before October.

The Jets who if they did anything well last year was stop the run. Let's not over react to the lack of running game against them

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

The Jets who if they did anything well last year was stop the run. Let's not over react to the lack of running game against them

The majority of the lack of running game is because the OC ran the 2 RBs a combined 18 times.  

This Jets D is without it's 2 best players from last season.  

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Run game:  Moss had 9 caries for 11 yards (7 on one carry).  He was a zero factor.  Same with Singletary.  This against a weak Jets D.  This needs to be figured out before October.

Exactly cut him now. Or we can look at the positives.  Because he played his first game and made some good plays in the passing game. Also blocked well.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Jest have got a great Run D. 2nd overall, I think last year. No surprise they were stout again this one, at least to start with. Do we want better from our guys? For sure, but we never remotely looked like losing, and the gameplan worked pretty well without them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was disappointing, but I think it was forgivable.  This was the first game of the season, with no preseason tuneup games, two new OL starters, going up against a defense that is very good against the run...It will improve...

• Like (+1) 3

The best thing about Josh's performance, he took what the Defense gave him. The only long pass I can remember was the beautiful hookup with Diggs. everything else was short and intermediate routes that the Jets D gave him. Clearly, one of his best and most complete performance as a Pro (just get rid of the fumbles, tuck the ball away young man!).

• Like (+1) 7

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Jets had the #2 or #3 Defense against the rush last year. I think the strategy was to stop the run and make JA beat them. Well JA was up to the task.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Jest have got a great Run D. 2nd overall, I think last year. No surprise they were stout again this one, at least to start with. Do we want better from our guys? For sure, but we never remotely looked like losing, and the gameplan worked pretty well without them.

See above.

The Bills were outscored in the second half.  Penalties aided the Bills in the first half.  Josh played well, but the play calling won't hold up against better teams.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buddo said:

^ This.

Knowing that the Jets have a great run-D, the game plan was not to run a lot - to exploit the opponent's weaknesses, not play to their strengths. For all the complaints about McD and Daboll being conservative, where's the love for a game plan that featured the QB? (And going for it on 4th-and-1 from midfield.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

The Jets had the #2 or #3 Defense against the rush last year. I think the strategy was to stop the run and make JA beat them. Well JA was up to the task.

See above.  I was responding to what Virgil said about Moss running.

Edited by Mr. WEO

56 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For the naysayers, I challenge you to watch all these games you boast QB's and find mistake free games with those kind of stats

Thank you for pointing this out. I will say to beat teams like the Chiefs and Ravens, Allen won't be able to make those kinds of mistakes. But he also had to be the entire offense today. I'm just thankful we finally cleaned up drops. Beasley had one and Brown had one on a free play but otherwise there weren't big mistakes from the receivers.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

You need to see above. Way above at the score board. We won the game and all intent and purpose it was a preseason game situation that meant something. Your reply to me made no sense either.

Maybe this will help:  "He showed good hands and solid power with the ball in his hands."

I disagreed with that bit because it didn't happen today.