Josh Allen takes a step: 71.7% and 104.6 Passer Rating on 46 passing attempts

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The completion percentage and/or inaccuracy, issues what ever we want to call it were fair game for Allen to be criticized on. The list of QB's throughout NFL history that were sub 58% completion in college and turned out to be franchise QB's in the NFL is very short. I think just 2 or 3 names right? And then of course Allen comes out and completes only 52.8% of his passes as a rookie. Basically confirming everyone's doubt. Year two comes and we as Bills fans recognize the huge leap in improvement from year 1 to year 2. More TD's, less INT's, 6 point jump in completion percentage. But from an outsider's perspective Allen was still dead last in the league in completion percentage despite his large improvement in that area from year 1 to year 2.

Completion percentage has nothing to do with accuracy. Yes and no. I don't agree with some analysts now criticizing Allen for shorter air yard throws. As if that is somehow uncommon for even elite QB's to do. We all saw Brady become the GOAT living off of dink and dunk high completion percentage passes.

The problem I have with these twits mocking Allen, and really what do I care, but all they do is give more fuel to the fire for those who have had a negative opinion of Allen from day one and use one two horribly missed passes as confirmation that Allen is still a bad QB. But those people are only fooling themselves at this point so why should we really care. 

I feel like Allen is only one or two games away from being mentioned in the same breath by many in the national media as Watson and Kyler Murray. Could come as soon as this coming Monday if Allen puts up another 3+ TD 0ints 350+ total yard game where the Bills put 27+ up on the scoreboard again. 

It will take more than a few stellar games to bury the narrative.    It runs deep.  You can see it on some of the analysts faces.  They appear to be crapping out a pineapple when they have to give Josh a little credit. You have the draftniks who wont let go.  You have some that just have a personal issue (few still not forgiving the kid for those teenage tweets)  I'm just enjoying the ride.  He's super talented.  Works his tail off and seems like a good teammate w ego firmly in check.   I think were in good hands and while there may be more bumps in the road I think the journey will be well worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/19/2020 at 8:11 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I feel like Allen is only one or two games away from being mentioned in the same breath by many in the national media as Watson and Kyler Murray. Could come as soon as this coming Monday if Allen puts up another 3+ TD 0ints 350+ total yard game where the Bills put 27+ up on the scoreboard again. 

Well I guess we will find out tomorrow Morning! Can't wait to eat up all the talking heads tomorrow on the radio.