Josh Allen takes a step: 71.7% and 104.6 Passer Rating on 46 passing attempts

and total command of a No-huddle offense.

That TD pass to Brown on my first and only watch so far sure looked like Allen adjusting and audibling to something he saw at the line based on what he saw the D doing or not doing.

Everyone will point to the miss to Brown in the EZ, but other than that wild miss, Allen was a precision passer.

Adding Diggs made a clear difference for week #1.

My issue is with all the designed runs Daboll is still calling. Allen needs to secure the ball better obviously. It's upsetting he hasn't resolved that.

But even Allen made it sound like he'd be running less. Guess not.

Two hands, Josh!!! :beer:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The audible was my favourite moment of the whole game. More of that please! 

He was generally excellent as a passer first half and decent 2nd half. 

My favorite was a rookie Moss keeping a play alive and finding the soft spot in the EZ for a Josh hot ball for the TD.

Veteran awareness from a rookie in his first start. 

• Like (+1) 8

Diggs seriously made a big difference. Some of those clutch catches were exactly what we were missing last season. We tended to see the big drops on those crucial plays so it made me super happy to see Allen look Diggs way on crucial pass plays and then having success. 

Also let’s give a huge shout out to Allen working his cadence. Looked like Rodgers out there making them jump with ease. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Diggs seriously made a big difference. Some of those clutch catches were exactly what we were missing last season. We tended to see the big drops on those crucial plays so it made me super happy to see Allen look Diggs way on crucial pass plays and then having success. 

Also let’s give a huge shout out to Allen working his cadence. Looked like Rodgers out there making them jump with ease. 

i ❤️ diggs

• Like (+1) 1

He had a REALLY good day that could have even been better. He missed a couple of TD's. One to Brown and one to Knox. Very impressed even still by Josh today. He still needs to clean up the fumbles, but to see him and his ball placement today on most of his passes was DEFINITELY encouraging. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 4

Diggs was a difference maker today.   He had 9 targets with 8 catches.

I"m surprised that he and Josh were as efficient as they were in their first game together.   Can't wait until they begin to open it up some.

And as far as I'm concerned, they should run the 3-4 WR formations often.  

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

My feelings are torn after today.  He exudes such greatness then follows with mass disappointment. 

Right now I feel really good, but am still very concerned. 

I’m not. I just turned 41 ugh . I have seen 20 years of mediocre qbs come through here.. I’ve embraced him and love the unpredictability with him. I’m ride or die with Josh. Football is fun again!

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 8

He does do some crazy things but I think he'll always be like that. What can I say? I just love watching him play. To me, if he didn't do some of the headscratching stuff he wouldn't do some of the great stuff either because that's just the way he plays. 

But yeah, he could hold the ball a little tighter on those scrambles, that's easily fixable!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Best throw was the touch pass to Diggs that let him keep running for YAC. That's the sort of throw he could never make his rookie year.

That throw was perfect. Allen had a chance at another one that he completed up the seam to Beasley in the second half and he threw it too low, negating any RAC. By week 4 i think Allen will be hitting all of those.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

That throw was perfect. Allen had a chance at another one that he completed up the seam to Beasley in the second half and he threw it too low, negating any RAC. By week 4 i think Allen will be hitting all of those.

Yes but QBs make imperfect throws in those situations all the time. A lot of deep completions require the receiver to slow down which prevents a TD. I don't want to nitpick too much on stuff like that. I'd rather a slight underthrow than a slight overthrow.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yes but QBs make imperfect throws in those situations all the time. A lot of deep completions require the receiver to slow down which prevents a TD. I don't want to nitpick too much on stuff like that. I'd rather a slight underthrow than a slight overthrow.

very true - but Allen also had a not-so-slight overthrow in the redzone to a wide open receiver as well in the 2nd half. Not trying to harp on this too much, he played a great game overall, but damn when he misses it seems like its would-be points almost all the time.