So Darnold was seeing Casper again

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Looks like the ghosts came to visit Darnold lol, another USC burnout, with our defense healthy we look good much better than last year although the offense needs more work

Also known as the Bills defensive line.  Oliver and Phillips had strong push up the middle. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Would we all have felt better if Darnold lit up the Buffalo Defense with his back up offensive weapons?

No absolutely not, the point is that he’s regressed every year and hasn’t gotten better than what he is. I’m a USC fan and I knew this guy wasn’t gonna be ready for the NFL. And getting drafted by the Jets was probably the worst thing for him 

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

While you have some points, the main point is that he’s not improving and looks to have regressed each year. I saw him his senior year at USC and I even said whoever picks him first will regret it and it looks like the jets are getting what they deserve taking a chance on another USC QB. I’m assuming if the jets go 3-13 he might demand a trade or the jets might get rid of him just to get there hands on Lawrence 

Jets fans on FB are already calling for him to be benched in favor of Flacco LMAO

He only stayed til his RS sophomore season at USC 

I'm not a Darnold hater at all, but I did have to laugh today. The 'experts' have been talking about how much better Darnold is than Allen since before they were drafted. Many of these experts continue with that rhetoric. 

But today I was thinking about how bad Darnold's receivers are, then I remembered how appalling Allen's were his first year in the league. The offense in general was just terrible. And yet he showed more balls and will to win than I've ever seen from Darnold. Allen dragged the team kicking and screaming up the field numerous times as a rookie. I was saying that to non Bills fan friends during his rookie year. "Don't just look at the stats, you have to watch him play to see what I mean."

Those same experts never really pointed to Allen's weak supporting cast that year (or the huge amount of drops) but I'll bet any money they come out in force to defend Darnold with that same excuse.

It's funny because he could go down as one of the worst 1st round QB picks from that year. The Jets traded up for him that year. With Rosen he fell and hasn't necessarily had the best chances to succeed going to a bad Arizona team that gave up on him early because the new coach wanted 'his guy's and then shipped off to a worse Miami team. Darnold has been given way more opportunity to succeed with the Jets. He doesn't have the greatest weapons, but it's widely over blown how bad his weapons are. Watching him play today, there were alot of plays that his weapons didn't have a chance on. He's just been so overhyped

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

TBH for his defense he was seeing some real bad ass mother ***** in his face for most the game.

He just never seemed to be like the type of guy that could lead men... Just too "Nice"

I don't even know if I can say that his problems today we're because he was playing a really good defence. While watching I didn't really think regularly that the defence was play so great (they did play well though). He just seemed to be over throwing Wars and couldn't get anything going. The run game also just didn't seem to be able to get anything going.

26 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't even know if I can say that his problems today we're because he was playing a really good defence. While watching I didn't really think regularly that the defence was play so great (they did play well though). He just seemed to be over throwing Wars and couldn't get anything going. The run game also just didn't seem to be able to get anything going.

He looked like someone who did not have enough practice with WRs which he didn't.

Allen and Webb did some productive work with their WRs and RBs in offseason.

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He looked like someone who did not have enough practice with WRs which he didn't.

Allen and Webb did some productive work with their WRs and RBs in offseason.

That's true, outside of Diggs, Allen had experience with the rest of his WRs, Darnold hasn't. But even their RBs (which include a very good one in Bell) didn't look good with Darnold. It can take some time for QBs to get used to certain receivers. I remember reading last year Brady saying it can take him over 30 days working with someone to get into a rhythm with .a new WR, it's one of the reasons why new WRs didn't usually mesh with Brady when they come to NE

The wind also played a role in Darnold's struggles today.  It was howling as evidenced by the refs jersey's flapping.  We've seen QB's struggle throwing the ball in these winds for the last 60 years in Buffalo.  That's what makes Allen's passing day all the more impressive.  He was deadly accurate in the face of a serious west wind.

I think he could’ve been good had he played for Buffalo and not the Jets.. Gase is a beyond horrendous HC..  I had Allen as the second best QB behind Mayfield coming out.. blew my lid a couple of times on Allen though.. one time I called him a mobile Kerry Collins 😆 I think Darnold is ruined though... year 3, his team sucks.. will likely be a full blown rebuild next year and he’ll be in his 4th year...🤷‍♂️