No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's 80.6% (or 83.9%) now.  Not sure what happened on the XP but on a day when 10 FGs were missed, I'll accept a missed XP.

It was a pick 6 and they rushed for the kick.  ST coach should of advised a TO.

He's a rookie and they had 3 TOs left at the end of a half.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's 80.6% (or 83.9%) now.  Not sure what happened on the XP but on a day when 10 FGs were missed, I'll accept a missed XP.

So many kickers having bad days this season, even on XPs. It’s very weird how many misses there have been, even among good kickers. Bass has been extremely solid, comparing across the league, after early yips. Difference being, he’s a rook and his ceiling goes up.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 4

On 12/13/2020 at 11:43 PM, CLTbills said:

From the TV angle I thought it was pretty clearly good.

Absolutely so did I. Even more so than the one earlier this year that I also thought was good. They didn't review it and Trico was quick to say the ref looked at it from the best angle but I don't know. I'd like to see a better angle. 

• Like (+1) 1

They need to move the goalposts higher.  It’s impossible for refs to know if the ball would’ve hit the inside of goal post.  So if it’s not clearly inside the post when it goes over, they rule no good.  Shouldn’t be penalized if you have a big leg.  Make em 5-10 feet higher.  Problem solved.  

• 3 weeks later...

I will openly admit I was wrong.  I cut him slack at first, between bad refs on first FG, laces not turned the next one or such, but as the misses kept happening I thought he needed to go.  Bills were more patient then I was and it's paid off quite well for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Trapasso Draft Grading of Bills picking Tyler Bass...

I think the 6th round pick was well spent Chris...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis-for-every-sixth-round-selection/

188. Bills: K Tyler Bass, Georgia Southern

Grade: F. Buffalo doesn't have a plethora of roster spots available, but drafting a kicker in Round 6 is almost never good use of a draft pick. Bass is one of the best in the class. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1