No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

Had a few misses, but I think (and hope) he will be ok.  Hitting 3 in a row after that initial miss was big.  Im a big believer that a lot of kickers issues in general are more mental than anything else.  Hes a rookie, got to keep his confidence up.

3 hours ago, Groin said:

Having lived through Norwood, even I'm starting to get the yips.  They really need to solidify the kicker position.  I'm glad that Bass went 6/8, but missing no brainer types of kicks is cause for concern.

His second miss today was inexcusable but give him credit for doing well after the first miss. 

16 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Hey, Gostkowski missed a 44-yarder with :14 seconds left for a tie vs. Pitt. Robbie Gould missed a gimme vs. NE.

Kicking has really suffered this season, even for solid vets, and it’s hard to really know why.

Many feel it's because of the empty stadiums that the wind is playing into it more than normally would. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Are the Bills telling Bass to kick the ball short sometimes?  If so, I think it is a mistake.  If he has the leg to boom it out of the end zone every time, then have him do it.  

I think they do as many times our coverage teams tackle guys inside the 25 which benefits us. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't like it. But I'm not worried enough to do something about it yet. He could have some growing pains and could develop into a legendary kicker. God knows he has the leg strength for it. Besides, it's not like there are improvements sitting around on unemployment.