No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

16 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I can only assume the coaches see him in practice. But in game action his kicks are all over the place. Rarely is it right through the uprights. Seems like he has leg strength but accuracy issues. 

Sounds like our Quarterback lol

47 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

52 is a long kick for a rookie in "these conditions" good thing JA is built for these conditions. Touchdowns win games. I dont care about the kicker when we arent getting to the endzone for 6.

Bingo.

Bass didn't go 3 & out or fail to move the ball. He didn't have anything to do with the offense that couldn't capitalize on the few stops our defense DID make. And he surely wasn't 9/21 for 66 yards mid 4th quarter...  

We were lucky to even get that turnover in the last seconds of the half. Even if he nailed it, nothing would've changed considering how inept the offense was & how bad our defense was manhandled.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Bingo.

Bass didn't go 3 & out or fail to move the ball. He didn't have anything to do with the offense that couldn't capitalize on the few stops our defense DID make. And he surely wasn't 9/21 for 66 yards mid 4th quarter...  

We were lucky to even get that turnover in the last seconds of the half. Even if he nailed it, nothing would've changed considering how inept the offense was & how bad our defense was manhandled.

All immaterial to this discussion.  He's the kicker.  No matter what transpired to lead to the kicker onto the field for an attempt, he has one job.

44 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Bingo.

Huh?  Bass was on the field for his one job and failed again.  What led up to his failure is irrelevant.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most nfl kickers kick from a specific hash on xps not just him

Even if he's bad from the right hash all kickers kick from their best hash on xps. Nobody really goes dead center

if you look at his kicks most drift to the right and just doesn't make the adjustment on the kicks that are from the other hash

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

if you look at his kicks most drift to the right and just doesn't make the adjustment on the kicks that are from the other hash

The ones he made today he booted pretty dead center

I think a sample size of less than 10 NFL fgs is premature

He has a huge leg and he's been drilling extra points lately

He had to work out some nerves. He may be not good but he could turn out to be good. It was terrible conditions today, even butker missed an xp

• Like (+1) 1

I get it, the Ralph is a tough place to kick with the way the winds whip in there. Today was tough with the rain as well. But its doesnt excuse a kick being 20 yards wide. If you look at the Bills kickers through the last 30 years, they have all had to get used to changing their style to match the unusual conditions at home. He seems to miss wide right a lot so starting from the right hash mark is a problem. But thats his one job (along with kickoffs) so why hasnt he learned to adjust for the conditions?. It really pisses me off that we even have to have a new kicker, Hauschka was awesome until that dirty hit vs the Jets ruined his career.

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Huh?  Bass was on the field for his one job and failed again.  What led up to his failure is irrelevant.  

He made one of two  and think KC only ran one kick out of the end zone so to say he failed is a huge over reach.  Particularly when the one miss was from 52 yards in the rain.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He made one of two  and think KC only ran one kick out of the end zone so to say he failed is a huge over reach.  Particularly when the one miss was from 52 yards in the rain.

Oh, 50% is a measure of success now?  Good to know.  You make it or you don't.  He didn't - fail!

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Oh, 50% is a measure of success now?  Good to know.  You make it or you don't.  He didn't - fail!

Well from that distance only about 60% are made to start with and there isn't an extra start I could find for in the rain, which I'd imagine would drop that 60% under 50%

I guess by your logic if they send him in to make a 70 yarder and he misses, he failed.