No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

The other side of the equation is the Bills don't have to use a roster spot for someone who can kick deep on kickoffs.

The kid made an open field tackle on a long return if I remember, but it was after he missed a chip shot and was short on the kickoff.

He's a rookie.

I'm thrilled we have TBass. That tackle on the kickoff this past week was alternate universe to Hauschka's "Ole" attempt during the Dolphins TD return last year. He will get more and more comfortable with every passing game. In fact, I was hoping McD would let our guy try the 60 yarder after Josh's bonehead sack last week (especially since we have a punter who apparently doesn't know how to angle his kicks to avoid the end zone). How much confidence would that have given the kid?!

18 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hear you. Bojo probably needs to do something. But whoever our LS is (Ferguson?), he is partially to blame.

Re Bojo, what’s sort of amazing about him is how pervasive his negative plays are. Usually a bad punter is a bad punter in some ways— eg, weak leg strength. Bojo kicks balls too low, too short, through the end zone; he drops the balls, He gets punts blocked, he holds poorly on FGs, he gets injured. It’s sort of amazing how he is bad in so many myriad ways. 

Hes had one punt blocked in his career..

Not saying he's great , but he really doesn't get punts blocked regularly. Just once

On 9/13/2020 at 5:12 PM, stevestojan said:

Rookie? Yes. 
One of his kicks might have been good? Sure. 

Thank god we have the Dolphins next week. If he misses one next week, he has to go. 

There was no reason to draft this kid if this is what he does under pressure. 

Feel better? 

5 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

said after week one he is not very accurate form that side why he kicks his xpts form the other hash

Most nfl kickers kick from a specific hash on xps not just him

Even if he's bad from the right hash all kickers kick from their best hash on xps. Nobody really goes dead center