No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hauschka made 22/23 kicks from 20-49 yards last season.  The Bills Offense was anemic in the Browns game 

So because the offense was anemic, that excuses Hauschka from missing a kick you demand that Bass make? 

I was hoping they would keep 2 kickers Haus$ and Bass  (like they did with Gay). Let Bass develop but don't lose games if he can't make the short ones.
This is assuming Haus$ hadn't dropped off significantly this year.
I don't get all the Hopkins kudos - he's good but has missed a lot of game winners.

Nice Bass.jpg

Edited by Uncle Joe

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

So because the offense was anemic, that excuses Hauschka from missing a kick you demand that Bass make? 

Nothing excuses a short kick miss.  Hauschka missed 2 in that range (and longer) all year.  Bass missed as many in his first game.  

This isn't even hard doc.

He pushed his kicks a little.  Don’t know how many here play golf, but it’s similar to a guy rushing the downswing.  Your hands can’t catch up and you hit a push.  He can fix this easily enough.  But if it gets in his head and becomes a mental thing it could be a problem.

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nothing excuses a short kick miss.  Hauschka missed 2 in that range (and longer) all year.  Bass missed as many in his first game.  

This isn't even hard doc.

No he missed one.  And it's just one game. 

This isn't hard WEO.  Save it for the time it costs them a game, like Hauschka's likely did.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No he missed one.  And it's just one game. 

This isn't hard WEO.  Save it for the time it costs them a game, like Hauschka's likely did.

They didn't keep him to miss chips shot FGs.

And yes, missing 1 (of 2 all year up to 50 yards) FG from that range "cost" them the game against the mighty Browns.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They didn't keep him to miss chips shot FGs.

And yes, missing 1 (of 2 all year up to 50 yards) FG from that range "cost" them the game against the mighty Browns.

It was 1.  And like Hauschka, it was just 1 game.  Unlike Hauschka, there's no doubt the miss meant nothing.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was 1.  And like Hauschka, it was just 1 game.  Unlike Hauschka, there's no doubt the miss meant nothing.

It was 2, despite what you imagine you saw ("Especially when I saw the ball sneak through the uprights") 

Edited by Mr. WEO

Easy, junior. He'll be alright. They knew they were rolling the dice on a rookie kicker without the benefit of pre-season. I'm sure they're aware that they're going to have to live with the occasional miss on a kick that should be good. Kicking ain't easy. Let the kid settle in and get some games under his belt before you go chasing him out of town. 

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Easy, junior. He'll be alright. They knew they were rolling the dice on a rookie kicker without the benefit of pre-season. I'm sure they're aware that they're going to have to live with the occasional miss on a kick that should be good. Kicking ain't easy. Let the kid settle in and get some games under his belt before you go chasing him out of town. 

I suggest we make his next 50-100 kicks extra points and kickoffs to help him get the jitters out. Let’s just score touchdowns and let him settle in! Who doesn’t LOVE that solution? 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

It wasn't just me.  But keep pining for Hauschka. 

There was a discussion of this earlier in the box.  The consensus was that you are wrong.  Pointing out this kid struggled kicking FGs in college last year isn't "pining for Hauschka"

Also, since the ball was never "between the uprights", but well above both--what you "saw" never happened.  In fact that's why not could not be reviewed.  But, sure, you "saw" it...

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Why do people insist that the Bills should live with a kicker who misses field goals because he’s a rookie? 

If it continues he’ll be gone. It’s that simple. 

That much is obvious.  The point is to stop freaking out over one game.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

There was a discussion of this earlier in the box.  The consensus was that you are wrong.

Also, since the ball was never "between the uprights", but well above both--what you "saw" never happened.  In fact that's why not could not be reviewed.  But, sure, you "saw" it...

LOL!  Yeah, whatever you say, WEO.

Just now, Doc said:

That much is obvious.  The point is to stop freaking out over one game.

LOL!  Yeah, whatever you say, WEO.

You missed it.  I kept waiting for you (or anyone) to step in and tell us that you "saw" the ball "squeak through the uprights" (which is pretty funny as an argument).

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You missed it.  I kept waiting for you (or anyone) to step in and tell us that you "saw" the ball "squeak through the uprights" (which is pretty funny as an argument).

As I told everyone at my 1,200 person backyard pool party/Bills watch party - if the ref standing right underneath the upright misses that call, we have bigger problems.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I said it in the box right after Lofton, Catalon and the ref agreed it was a missed call by the refs. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure anyone is freaking out. It’s just a noted concern and something to watch going forward. Those were two gimme FGs he missed. TWO. Not one.

Nope, one.  And obviously it's a concern when you have a rookie kicker.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I said it in the box right after Lofton, Catalon and the ref agreed it was a missed call by the refs. 

Nope, one.  And obviously it's a concern when you have a rookie kicker.

You've already documented you saw something that didn't happen doc...it was above the uprights, not "speak[ing] between" them.  You imagined it.