No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When he actually misses them.......worry

He was in fact 3 for 4 (or was it 2 for 3 lol)

I am totally prepared to take my lumps with a rookie kicker with his leg

He did miss one and another was so close it didn't count. I don't believe anyone who says they aren't worried about it. No way a single Bills fan sees all these wide right kicks and feels comfortable with him. If they want to give him the Dolphins game I'm okay with that. But I don't care about my kicker being able to hit from 60 yards. Give me a consistent 40 yard and under kicker every time. That's why I'd prefer Hauschka. 

• Like (+1) 1

NOT a good start, by any means!

EVERY kick is an adventure. As others have stated, NEVER Draft a Kicker, but if you must, at last find out that he was remotely accurate!

WHICH THE FISH WAS NOT!

If he shanks against the Fish, then perhaps he should be sleeping with them!

Get the Beer League & CFL guys out Monday in try outs.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He did miss one and another was so close it didn't count. I don't believe anyone who says they aren't worried about it. No way a single Bills fan sees all these wide right kicks and feels comfortable with him. If they want to give him the Dolphins game I'm okay with that. But I don't care about my kicker being able to hit from 60 yards. Give me a consistent 40 yard and under kicker every time. That's why I'd prefer Hauschka. 

YOu know....the "it was close so it didnt count" thing really doesnt fly with me......on the replay you can see that it was good.  That to me is just trying to fuel the narrative....field go that is within the uprights is friggen field goal and they screwed up the call.

Bass is a rookie.....you take your lumps with a rookie QB

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

YOu know....the "it was close so it didnt count" thing really doesnt fly with me......on the replay you can see that it was good.  That to me is just trying to fuel the narrative....field go that is within the uprights is friggen field goal and they screwed up the call.

Bass is a rookie.....you take your lumps with a rookie QB

I don't want to "take my lumps" in the first season in a long time where we are championship caliber. Two years ago, sure I wouldn't care if we had a rookie kicker. For all the hate Hauschka has gotten on here he was one of the main reasons we got to overtime against Houston. I didn't agree with us cutting him in favor of a rookie and this game only pushed me harder in that direction.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yes but if ball is higher than goalpost then its not. That ball seemed to cross right at the very top which would make it reviewable id think

it’s a dumb rule. But I remember it being inside the upright without going over it until it had passed it. 

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hauschka wasn’t consistent at that distance, thus the change. If I recall correctly, he had gone down to the 80% range past 40 yards. 

8 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I studied a lot of this game tape. I Also have years of knowledge on placekicking. I believe the answer for Bass is to aim left. 

I have studied none of this tape and have no knowledge on placekicking at all. I believe the answer is for Bass to aim for the center. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Doc said:

I have studied none of this tape and have no knowledge on placekicking at all. I believe the answer is for Bass to aim for the center. 

okay— fine. Maybe aim left center. The guy has a push that looks like my driver right now. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Not in the Cleveland game last year.

serious question, but was that inside 40? I thought it was a little longer.

• Like (+1) 1

You know...if we had kept Haushka and he missed those kicks...or extra points for that matter, we would have said "we should have kept Bass."  Give the kid a chance.  It was his first game in a windy stadium.  If he continues to suck, then, ok, relight the torches.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You know...if we had kept Haushka and he missed those kicks...or extra points for that matter, we would have said "we should have kept Bass."  Give the kid a chance.  It was his first game in a windy stadium.  If he continues to suck, then, ok, relight the torches.

Well said. People were calling for haush to be cut a lot last year. First crappy kick off or missed extra point or heaven forbid field goal the pitchforks would of been out this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bass is an easy miss away from being cut. A kicker almost always has a short leash, let alone a kicker who hasn't really proven anything. And considering that a bad kicker can cost you games I think Bass can't afford another chip shot miss. Bass didn't cost the team the game but he flubbed 6 points and took what should have been a wire to wire blowout and made it a bit tighter.