No excuse for Bass

stevestojan

47 minutes ago, Markaf431 said:

This is ridiculous. Clearly he was pushing to the right. That’s a mechanical issue and our ST coach should be able to knock that out of him. His XP’s were solid. Rookie nerves. The kid will be fine. 

I will admit all 3 of his XP's were perfect right down the middle. He did get robbed on that first miss. But his fgs all drifted right. He's got work to do or House$ may be getting a call?

56 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Rookie? Yes. 
One of his kicks might have been good? Sure. 

Thank god we have the Dolphins next week. If he misses one next week, he has to go. 

There was no reason to draft this kid if this is what he does under pressure. 

Can't believe Beane didn't know he would miss those 2 kicks when he drafted him.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Bass has plenty of excuses. Rookie kicker in his first game coming off a competition in a tough stadium to kick in.

That said, I'd rather have a veteran.

I agree here. I stated in another thread IMO I think he will settle down and be fine. The staff kept him over Hauschka for some reason. And it could have been the wrong move, but we won't know til a few games in. I think he will do better as each game goes along. At least I hope anyway.

29 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

He will be just fine, the wind was all over the place today in WNY, it is a learning curve. Stick with him he will fight his way through it.

This is a big question- has he ever kicked in wind like this? He needs to improve quickly but to be so excited over one game is overreacting.

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He was 3 for 4

Everyone of his kicks was pushed to the right. He barely made the 20 yarder. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable with him being our kicker for the rest of the season. The last thing I want to worry about is 20-40 yard field goals.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Everyone of his kicks was pushed to the right. He barely made the 20 yarder. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable with him being our kicker for the rest of the season. The last thing I want to worry about is 20-40 yard field goals.

When he actually misses them.......worry

He was in fact 3 for 4 (or was it 2 for 3 lol)

I am totally prepared to take my lumps with a rookie kicker with his leg

• Like (+1) 1