Bills LB injuries

YoloinOhio

The Milano injury is exactly why Beane hasn’t signed him to a long term deal. Matt is undersized, this is about the time those type of guys start to get dinged up more, if their body can’t handle it. I think Milano in there is different than him not in there. I also wonder if another player can be found in the draft in 2021 to step in and fill the role. I think you can find immediate starting caliber LB’ers in the mid rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The Milano injury is exactly why Beane hasn’t signed him to a long term deal. Matt is undersized, this is about the time those type of guys start to get dinged up more, if their body can’t handle it. I think Milano in there is different than him not in there. I also wonder if another player can be found in the draft in 2021 to step in and fill the role. I think you can find immediate starting caliber LB’ers in the mid rounds. 

And that is why I just don't understand the lack of going after another game playing LB to fill this defense out with. Edmunds just get's absolutely owned at the point of attack on runs at him. He would be a devastating all time outside lb'r in this league, but he is overwhelmed at the run stopping point. They need a MLB and all our LB'ing woes go away IMO..

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Injuries are the one of two things that really have me disappointed after the the game.  Losing Edmunds and milano for extended periods would be devastating. 

the other thing that really bothers me is our run blocking.  Our OL sucked today imo.  They were adequate pass blocking but the jets have one of the worst pass rushes in history.  Hopefully our OL had an off day run blocking due to the jets effectiveness vs the run

Jets have been good against the run though. Think they were like 2nd last season? Anyway I think OL will be fine and rushing yds will improve. I fully expected it to be tough running the ball on them. So that;s what I chalk it up to IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CBennett said:

True, but I think this was one of those +/- years for Milano especially..he is good..but he is also ALWAYS hurt...so im betting this = Bills will pass on resigning him and you will see them go after his replacement in FA or top 1/2/3 rounds  in the draft

Should we you say ALWAYS whine or ALWAYS lie? Year 1 - no games missed.  Year 2 - 3 games missed.  Year 3 - 1 game missed.

word.jpg

Defense & Fumbles

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       44 33 4 56 0 29 18 2 0 5 40 1 2.5 228 149 79 26 16   24
2017 23 BUF rlb 58 16 5 1 15 0 15 2 1 0 1 40 1 0.0 49 32 17 7 6   4
2018 24 BUF RLB 58 13 13 3 41 0 29 7 0 0 3 0 0 1.0 78 52 26 12 3   9
2019 25 BUF   58 15 15 0 0 0 0 9 1 0 1 0 0 1.5 101 65 36 7 7   11
Edited by Limeaid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Both these linebackers are essential for us.  Milano is not undersized by modern NFL linebacker standards and how they want to use him.  A pulled hammy is not from being undersized.  Pay the man!  

Pay him how much? He can't stay on the field.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Should we you ALWAYS whine or ALWAYS lie? Year 1 - no games missed.  Year 2 - 3 games missed.  Year 3 - 1 game missed.

word.jpg

Defense & Fumbles

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       44 33 4 56 0 29 18 2 0 5 40 1 2.5 228 149 79 26 16   24
2017 23 BUF rlb 58 16 5 1 15 0 15 2 1 0 1 40 1 0.0 49 32 17 7 6   4
2018 24 BUF RLB 58 13 13 3 41 0 29 7 0 0 3 0 0 1.0 78 52 26 12 3   9
2019 25 BUF   58 15 15 0 0 0 0 9 1 0 1 0 0 1.5 101 65 36 7 7   11

He was hurt week 17 in 2017 and missed the playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

And that is why I just don't understand the lack of going after another game playing LB to fill this defense out with. Edmunds just get's absolutely owned at the point of attack on runs at him. He would be a devastating all time outside lb'r in this league, but he is overwhelmed at the run stopping point. They need a MLB and all our LB'ing woes go away IMO..

You realize we gave up 254 total yards on defense

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Once again it was quite noticeable when Milano went out. The defense just isn't as good or consistent without him. Sure hope he signs an extension. But he has got to stay healthy.

Which may be why, as @Kirby Jackson pointed out, they wanted Kyle Dugger so much in the draft as a replacement.  Younger, cheaper and more reliable would be nice. For now, I love our guy. I just hope he can stay on the field and help us. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CSBill said:

That's his excuse for missing that tackle. Had to play it for the game to try and get off the hook. He'll be fine by Tuesday.

43 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Edmunds Isn’t injured. He is just embarrassed after that wiff on the Jamison Crowder screen TD!

You guys can't be serious and think he faked an injury.

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You realize we gave up 254 total yards on defense

Yes, i do, it was the Jets...With Adam as the play caller. These games count in the standings no doubt, but if you want to win a Super Bowl, what we watched today will not cut it. When you raise the bar of compete the level of the standard of play needs to raised also. 

Just now, Stenbar said:

Yes, i do, it was the Jets...With Adam as the play caller. These games count in the standings no doubt, but if you want to win a Super Bowl, what we watched today will not cut it. When you raise the bar of compete the level of the standard of play needs to raised also. 

I think this defense has earned the benefit of the doubt or did you miss last season

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think this defense has earned the benefit of the doubt or did you miss last season

This isn't an argument, or a potshot, it is an observation from myself as an opinion. I know they can beat the majority of teams with this defense, but they have issues that a good coach will take advantage of. Benefit of the doubt  or not. I hope I am wrong and you are correct, and they roll through every offense in the league. The secondary is amazing, the dl is solid, the lb corps is weak. When a good running team  that can also throw the ball comes up against our defense it will be a tough win for us. That's all I am saying

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

If both are out for 4-6 weeks I can't see us winning the division this year. they are very important and our defense cannot perform at a top level with them out 

Did you hear this was a possibility oe just throwing out something to see if people bite?