Bills LB injuries

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I try not to look at things that way. Milano and Edmunds basically had no contact injuries didn’t they? 

I think Edmunds hurt his shoulder when he tried tackling Crowder on the long TD. He hit him hard but bounced off. Maybe he didn't wrap him up because he was hurt.

Milano I think was on the sidelines pass that he defended and twisted awkwardly.

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Kuechly??? Maybe he’d like to end retirement 

I'm sure Carolina still has his rights.

• Like (+1) 1

The Injuries are the one of two things that really have me disappointed after the the game.  Losing Edmunds and milano for extended periods would be devastating. 

the other thing that really bothers me is our run blocking.  Our OL sucked today imo.  They were adequate pass blocking but the jets have one of the worst pass rushes in history.  Hopefully our OL had an off day run blocking due to the jets effectiveness vs the run

• Like (+1) 1

Prior to the season starting, everyone was saying how there'd be an increase in soft tissue injuries this year. And looks like they were right.

Sure it wouldve been great to come out healthy & these injuries are concerning for sure. But we're not alone. Marlon Mack mightve tore his Achilles, Bell injured his hamstring, DeVante Parker injured his as well.

We'll know more about the situation in a few days. Just gotta hope for the best & plan for the worst if ur Coach

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I fully agree you can immediately tell when Milano is missing. And I’d bet he’d already have that extension if it weren’t for his injury history. I guessed they would want to see how he holds up this season. 

Ugly day for injuries

True, but I think this was one of those +/- years for Milano especially..he is good..but he is also ALWAYS hurt...so im betting this = Bills will pass on resigning him and you will see them go after his replacement in FA or top 1/2/3 rounds  in the draft

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Injuries are the one of two things that really have me disappointed after the the game.  Losing Edmunds and milano for extended periods would be devastating. 

the other thing that really bothers me is our run blocking.  Our OL sucked today imo.  They were adequate pass blocking but the jets have one of the worst pass rushes in history.  Hopefully our OL had an off day run blocking due to the jets effectiveness vs the run

I think we'll see Lee Smith active next week

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CBennett said:

True, but I think this was one of those +/- years for Milano especially..he is good..but he is also ALWAYS hurt...so im betting this = Bills will pass on resigning him and you will see them go after his replacement in FA or top 1/2/3 rounds  in the draft

Or his value drops quite a bit too 

AJ Klein isn’t good. Dodson was impressive, albeit a small sample size. 

I hope the lack of LB depth doesn’t come back to bite us, especially in a season that’s going to have a lot of fitness/conditioning-related injuries. 

I imagine it’ll be a focus area for a pick in the first two rounds or a few selections mid draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

I think we'll see Lee Smith active next week

Yep. Me too. He should have been active today. 

Just now, ny33 said:

AJ Klein isn’t good. Dodson was impressive, albeit a small sample size. 

I hope the lack of LB depth doesn’t come back to bite us, especially in a season that’s going to have a lot of fitness/conditioning-related injuries. 

I imagine it’ll be a focus area for a pick in the first two rounds or a few selections mid draft. 

Dodson can play but they are big shoes to ask him to step into. Klein looked slllllooooooowwww

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Jets run D is the strength of their team really. We had a plan from the start to beat them thru the air, evidenced by Allen getting his 1st 300 yard passing day today.

I think our struggles with the run today were part by design & a lack of rhythm for our backs, in combination with our right side Oline playing their 1st game together & a strong Jets run d.

I'll be more worried about it a couple weeks from now & we're still saying this.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Did Edmunds hurt his shoulder in an “attempt” to tackle Crowder on the Jets 1st TD?

That's his excuse for missing that tackle. Had to play it for the game to try and get off the hook. He'll be fine by Tuesday.