Josh Allen - week ONE report card

rayray808

You take the good, you take the bad. 

He had great command of the offense. Spread the ball around and made plays to keep the chains moving.. I’m fine with a B plus due the fumbles. I hope coach chews him out. Gets into trouble just trying to rely on his arm but that’s probably not the easiest thing to tone down due to his competive nature.

He looked like a more complete nfl qb today tossing the rock.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So only a perfect game basically

Only Brady has perfect games. Did you ignore how the momentum of the game changed after his 2nd fumble. Josh played great and I'm more generous and might even grade him A- but those fumbles today were identical to all the ones last year. They are avoidable if someone "capable" would actually work with him on proper technique. In a close game against a better team a couple of fumbles can easily cost you the game. As another poster said he gets an A as a QB and a C+ as a RB.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Only Brady has perfect games. Did you ignore how the momentum of the game changed after his 2nd fumble. Josh played great and I'm more generous and might even grade him A- but those fumbles today were identical to all the ones last year. They are avoidable if someone "capable" would actually work with him on proper technique. In a close game against a better team a couple of fumbles can easily cost you the game. As another poster said he gets an A as a QB and a C+ as a RB.

Good thing he’s a QB then

I'd go A- just because of the fumbles, one bad throw, and one boneheaded throw across his body that was nearly picked off.  Other than that, he looked REALLY good.  Great pocket presence, ball placement, and made decisive decisions against a d-coordinator that can give young QB's headaches.  It's nice to have WR's that can catch the damn ball as Diggs really opens up this offense.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

72% on 46 attempts for  300+ in the pros is an A I’m sorry

Those numbers are. 2 fumbles and leaving a wide open TD on the board late moves him out of A for sure. 

As a passer alone, he gets an A. But that's not the whole game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He gets a B+ from me. When he looked great in the first half, he looked as good as anybody. He left too much on the board and you just can't have that kind of turnover. Every QB turns the ball over, but those kind of fumbles are becoming a huge problem for him. Two wide open TDs that you just can't leave out there either. Against a better team, that could have bitten us in the ass.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The one where he got flipped upside down on a called QB run?

Yes. He just dropped the ball. I didn't love the call. Generally I have no problem with the running but it was a bad call there when you could afford two runs for no gain and kick it. But Josh still fumbled. The fact it was a bad call doesn't change that. 

10 minutes ago, dakrider said:

A+.  

If you don't want Allen to fumble, then don't make Allen be the teams top rusher!  Singletary 30 yards?  wth

Jets were the #2 team Vs the rush last year...thats their team strength ...apparently that carried over to this year.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes. He just dropped the ball. I didn't love the call. Generally I have no problem with the running but it was a bad call there when you could afford two runs for no gain and kick it. But Josh still fumbled. The fact it was a bad call doesn't change that. 

That gets fumbles all the time when you get hit like that

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

72% on 46 attempts for  300+ in the pros is an A I’m sorry

I get it but 2 stupid turnovers and almost another one on a dumb pass in the red zone, plus missing the easiest TD pass a QB can have. It's tough to grade because he was A+ otherwise but the mistakes have to be cleaned up too. It's not the end of the world. He has a real offense around him now so I'm going to grade him tougher.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It still happened. He still turned it over twice. He should have held onto that ball. 

Wideouts and actual ball carriers don’t hold onto that ball is my point

the first one was his same problem the second is whatever

and either way the called runs and that terrible read option have got to be fixed