Right side of OL week two

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Run game probably needs more time to gel but the Jets were #2 run defense in the league last year. It's literally the one thing they excel at.

Same as the Bass situation, let's see what these guys look like against Miami at the very least before making any decisions. 

Both Miami and NE's DL looked pretty porous against the run today. Cam did well enough and is still a handful to tackle. Edelman can still catch a football. Gilmore had a decent game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think no FB hurts a lot more then people realize. Everyone wants to make fun of how dated a FB is but the teams that can run, have one. You saw today what it looks like.

And no blocking tight end. 

Lee Smith will 100% be active next week.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I thought the OL including the right side looked pretty good today.......

We didnt force the issue in the running game because the pass was working great

What the hell are you talking about

It looked good doing what?

Pass blocking?  Sure, the jets may have the worst pass rush in history.  

run blocking? I didn’t think they looked good at all, with a lot of credit going to the jets run D.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And no blocking tight end. 

Lee Smith will 100% be active next week.

I think maybe they knew they were going to throw 40-45 times. The Jets have excellent run D and their DB are bad or hurt. They just figured we’ll beat them constantly with the short pass game and a bunch of screens. 

That said, I agree with you that Smith will likely be active next week. But not from the fact they always wanted to sit him but realized he was sadly missed, but rather next week against the Dolphins they will have a more balanced game plan and this was always the plan. 

Why is everyone convinced Ford is the best option at RG?

Williams struggled at RT.

I do understand the continuity argument and that is fair. But then what happens if and when Feliciano comes back?  Do they stick with Ford at RG?  Figuring out if Ford is the answer at RT in the next several games will help them for years to come.  Much easier to find an interior lineman than a capable OT.  

I see little downside to bringing up Winters and Lee Smith next week and sitting Gilliam and Williams.  

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think no FB hurts a lot more then people realize. Everyone wants to make fun of how dated a FB is but the teams that can run, have one. You saw today what it looks like.

I agree with this 100%. I think this really stood out. We essentially saw a highschool/college run game today.