Right side of OL week two

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think maybe they knew they were going to throw 40-45 times. The Jets have excellent run D and their DB are bad or hurt. They just figured we’ll beat them constantly with the short pass game and a bunch of screens. 

That said, I agree with you that Smith will likely be active next week. But not from the fact they always wanted to sit him but realized he was sadly missed, but rather next week against the Dolphins they will have a more balanced game plan and this was always the plan. 

I think it is both. I do think the game plan today was pass lots. But I also think they will not have enjoyed what they saw at the point of attack in their run blocking. 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And no blocking tight end. 

Lee Smith will 100% be active next week.

Smith being inactive told you what was going to happen. 

The Jets were never going to stop the passing game. McDermott knew it, Gase knew it and I suspect if I asked my Nan she knew it as well. 

Just now, BritBill said:

Smith being inactive told you what was going to happen. 

The Jets were never going to stop the passing game. McDermott knew it, Gase knew it and I suspect if I asked my Nan she knew it as well. 

Indeed. I said it in my post before the game. It was no accident we came out passing in week 1 last year and I expected us to be pass heavy again this year too. Stop the run is about the one thing the Jets do well.