Bills vs Jets Postgame Thread

I wrote something along these lines in either the first or second half threads earlier, but my expectations for the Bills, and for the rest of the league the first 6-8 games of this season, are somewhat low.  I think that given the number of should-be moribund teams this year (see also: Jets, New York), the Bills should end up in a good position for a playoff run, but it's going to take a few weeks for a lack of preseason activity for things to settle down from these unusual set of circumstances.

I liked a lot of what I saw today, so I won't rehash the positives that the vast majority of us saw.

What I didn't like, in no specific order, was:

• Allen being careless with the ball in the first half / the number of runs.  I'm not an Allen hater by any stretch, but my goodness.  Please stop!
  • Kicking game.  Yeah, I get the rookie aspect and all, but with what seems like an all-around solid team, I do not want a repeat of the Norwood years.  I'm getting old fer chrissakes.
  • Injury bug on D.
  • Running game looked like it took time to get going.  You can win with that issue against the Jets, but against the rest of the league?  Not sure that it's going to fly.

1 minute ago, tomur67 said:

The passing game with Allen, Diggs, Brown, Beasley. and Knox.  Very nice!😀

Yup, Diggs added to the WR core is going to do wonders for the passing game. Long as they stay healthy as possible. I don't care how good a defense is, it will be very difficult to contain those 3.

• Like (+1) 2

Love Boomer Esiason saying Josh plays like a bucking bronco. So true. I think Dabs needs to give strong consideration to scrapping some of the designed runs anywhere but the red zone. Those fumbles are a problem. Scrambles are fine when a play breaks down because that is such a huge part of his game, but the called QB runs between the 20s get me worried every time. Even when it works. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

not if Daboll intends to use his as a battering ram  Josh was their entire red zone rushing offense last year and were off to the same start.  Figure out how to run inside when you have to or find some OL that are capable of generating some push when its needed. 

The run blocking and production by Singletary/ Moss was mediocre. 

16 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Josh needs hit that easy TD. 

Rookie kicker butterflies out of the way now??

Injuries hit our LBs hard today. Hopefully none are long term. 

I love 1-0.

Yep. Just square your shoulders and throw it right to the guy. WIDE OPEN!

I’m extremely happy overall with the team and game today. I expected it to be closer and we were sloppy in some areas. Hopefully the injuries are no big deal. This is not an elite level defense without Milano and Edmunds. 

And shame on some of you wanting to cut Bass already. Kicking game is a lot of confidence and obviously a concerning start but cutting him after one game is silly. 

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Josh had a good game except the fumbles. Also he needs to learn to set his feet/hips when he is rolling left. Couple bad passes including that missed TD to smoke.

Bass better rebound quick

Hope the LB injuries are minor 

This ^^^^