Bills vs Jets Postgame Thread

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the one hand, I agree with you that we need a better run game besides Allen.  And if they are going to let Allen run, he needs to beef up his ball security.

On the other hand, it has to be noted that some of the worst beating Allen took was on pass plays

You mean after Josh had released the ball? More dirty crap from Greggo

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean he had a few bad misses but literally every QB has those.

Broke my heart when he missed smoke in the back of the endzone w/ 3-4 minutes left. But I'll take a 300-yard passing game to silence the haters. Wore my 17 Jersey proud today!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sodbuster said:

Blows my mind that in the year 2020, we can't accurately determine if a ball went between two pieces of pipe.

You said it - 2020

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

and missing Smoke in the endzone 😃. The thing is I don't care. I just watched a game that I was never worried about. That in itself is a testament to the team and how far they've come. #17 is the man!!

I will say this if Josh is ever able to clean up these fumbles, he will be a top 5 qb for a long long time in this league.....

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Absolutely dominating performance. Too bad the score doesn't match.

Scoreboard doesn't mean everything.  Defense was on point minus one gaff and then being in a soft defense late.  Offense should have been better (or should i say special teams).  2 "missed" for 6 and the offense got slow because of the adjustments they made.

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

We were great in pass protection. Run blocking was medocre

Yep.  Starting in the 2nd quarter, it seemed like we should have been able to run the ball at will given how successful we had been in the passing game and with all the QB scrambles.  But nope, the running game never really opened up.

I'm kind of assuming that the Jets just decided to take the running game away, because it's not like running the ball has ever been a weakness of this team.  We'll see once somebody has a chance to break down the game film better than I can.  For now, my only concern is at K.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I will say this if Josh is ever able to clean up these fumbles, he will be a top 5 qb for a long long in this league.....

It's a lot easier to fix than accuracy.

And except for the bad miss to Brown, he was pretty on the money today.  Some passes were a little off, but no comparison to Darnold.  I think Allen has a really bright future.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I will say this if Josh is ever able to clean up these fumbles, he will be a top 5 qb for a long long time in this league.....

not if Daboll intends to use his as a battering ram  Josh was their entire red zone rushing offense last year and were off to the same start.  Figure out how to run inside when you have to or find some OL that are capable of generating some push when its needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

In fairness, Bass really was 3 for 4. How the 🤬 can you miss a good FG??

The kick was very close, but how can the announcers or anyone looking at a view from the end zone tell depth perception.  I'll take the refs position right under the post as having the best view.  Could it be a mistake, possible, but no one can tell from the TV replays unless they have a camera on the bottom of the goal post that shows the kick which I didn't see any replays of.