Bills vs Jets Postgame Thread

The 2nd half was weird - but the win was never in doubt, and they made mistakes they can hopefully learn from.  

This is the most balanced Buffalo team I've seen since the Kelly years.  Josh Allen is a legit franchise QB - the search is over.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Anyone have a rundown of injuries and which seem more/less serious?

Good to be 1-0! Lots of sloppiness and would have liked to see the RBs me more effective but that's arguably the biggest strength (stopping the run).

Our LBs with Edmunds and Milano coming out.

71% throwing.. 2 fumbles one i blame on josh part blame daball for stupid qb runs. 300+ yard thown.. the O Line was bad.. run game brutal.. I give josh a B-.. could of been A+ game for josh. one should of been a td one int..  Josh is going to get better.. line going to be fixd as year goes on.. defense solid. ill take josh allen over any other afc e. qb.. EASY

• Like (+1) 1

1-0.

300 yard, 2 pass TD, 1 Rush TD for Josh.
71% completion percentage.

Won by 10 (last TD for Jets was garbage time)

First game of the season with no preseason at all.

Rookie kicker should have been 3/4.

Plenty of room for improvement, don’t get me wrong, but you can’t be mad at the end of the day. Want the rush game to strut next week, better ball protection, and less mental mistakes. (Jets first TD never happens if Edmunds gets that tackle). Clean up duty. Need those linebackers to get healthy.

We won. On to week 2. 

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There was a lot of angst when a celebratory blow-out temporarily turned sloppy, but overall I’m very pleased with what happened today.

Offense:  400 yards and 40 minutes TOP.  They moved the ball consistently.  They have real WRs.  OL provided good protection.  Allen threw a ton of good, accurate passes.  3d down conversions happened routinely.  After a shaky 3Q, they took over the game in the 4Q.  

Yes, I know Josh needs to learn ball security.  Yes I know they couldn’t run the ball but stopping the run is one thing the Jets are really good at.  Let’s see how that goes next week before pushing the panic button.

Defense:  Even with injuries, they only gave up 10 points when it mattered.  Pass rush was effective throughout.

ST:   Bass is scary...really hope it was just the wind and the first game jitters.  Otherwise, ST was excellent.

In fairness, Bass really was 3 for 4. How the 🤬 can you miss a good FG??

• Like (+1) 2

Great first half, minus the fumbles.

Josh looked rattled to start the second half and we lost a lot of energy. The missed throw to John Brown was really bad.

Like how the offense recovered and moved the ball to set up points. 

We need a kicker immediately 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

71% throwing.. 2 fumbles one i blame on josh part blame daball for stupid qb runs. 300+ yard thown.. the O Line was bad.. run game brutal.. I give josh a B-.. could of been A+ game for josh. one should of been a td one int..  Josh is going to get better.. line going to be fixd as year goes on.. defense solid. ill take josh allen over any other afc e. qb.. EASY

The Jets were stacking the LOS to stop the run. They were # 1 against the run last season.