Around the League Week 1

YoloinOhio

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Kyler is smooth. Hes going to be really good. 

Arizona is going to be a really tough team this season. Tough game for us later in the year. 

What I like most is that they did what I can't remember any other team doing: drafted a high first round QB two years in a row. Almost everyone else would've said "give Rosen a full year." They saw a sunk cost when it was right in front of them, which is a surprisingly hard thing to see.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What I like most is that they did what I can't remember any other team doing: drafted a high first round QB two years in a row. Almost everyone else would've said "give Rosen a full year." They saw a sunk cost when it was right in front of them, which is a surprisingly hard thing to see.

True, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Rosen came a year ahead of KK.  While I think that teams like WFT and NYJ will draft QBs very frequently, KK had the say to do what he wanted, and he did (Rosen, obviously, is awful).

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Running it up on Brady I love it

Giving him a little dose of the old Belichick medicine. Beautiful.

Just now, TBBills said:

So Tom Brady could have been a Saint if Brees had retired...

This whole old guys moving to Tampa feels like a publicity stunt.

Yeah, it just has the feel of something that was doomed to failure.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Giving him a little dose of the old Belichick medicine. Beautiful.

Yeah, it just has the feel of something that was doomed to failure.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

The whole situation in TB reminds me of the 2000 Redskins nee WFT season.  Arians is a really good coach, but you can't un-spill certain situations.  Given that it's Brady and Gronk, they'll win some games, but I would be shocked if TB is in it -- in late December.

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. Tyrod will always get you at least to 7-9. A lucky bounce or two and you're in the playoffs. Rivers at this late stage seems hellbent on getting you 10 losses.

It's funny because this morning I was reading some of the writeups of picks by the 'experts' on CBS and the write up they had on this game mentioned that the problem with the Colts could be Rivers trying too hard and doing too much to try and show everyone he isn't done....

3 minutes ago, Groin said:

The whole situation in TB reminds me of the 2000 Redskins nee WFT season.  Arians is a really good coach, but you can't un-spill certain situations.  Given that it's Brady and Gronk, they'll win some games, but I would be shocked if TB is in it -- in late December.

I think normally, with a regular offseason and preseason they may have been better because of the time and practice they would have gotten together. It will probably take them a few games to get up to speed and I to a rhythm with all the new players. It's rare for a team to add so many new players and come right in and dominate. If they all continue playing together next year they could be really good, but this season will probably start out rough and get better as it goes on, unless their attitude has them quitting because it's tough. It's a tough division they are in, the Saints are still the favorites.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's funny because this morning I was reading some of the writeups of picks by the 'experts' on CBS and the write up they had on this game mentioned that the problem with the Colts could be Rivers trying too hard and doing too much to try and show everyone he isn't done....

Rivers will do what Rivers does: all the trash talking, "motivating" his teammates, putting on a smoke show, then losing.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think normally, with a regular offseason and preseason they may have been better because of the time and practice they would have gotten together. It will probably take them a few games to get up to speed and I to a rhythm with all the new players. It's rare for a team to add so many new players and come right in and dominate. If they all continue playing together next year they could be really good, but this season will probably start out rough and get better as it goes on, unless their attitude has them quitting because it's tough. It's a tough division they are in, the Saints are still the favorites.

Fair enough, but Gronk for 11 yards?!  That seems like it shouldn't be happening.

11 minutes ago, Groin said:

Rivers will do what Rivers does: all the trash talking, "motivating" his teammates, putting on a smoke show, then losing.

Fair enough, but Gronk for 11 yards?!  That seems like it shouldn't be happening.

That's actually surprising to me. TB has other weapons and he has been out of the league for over a year following a season where he looked like a shell of his former self. He should have stayed retired

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's actually surprising to me. TB has other weapons and he has been out of the league for over a year following a season where he looked like a shell of his former self. He should have stayed retired

I'm actually thrilled that we get to witness a replay of this cautionary tale... in real time.

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The Colts assuming that Rivers was a plug and play success was one of the bigger question marks of the offseason for me... 

Upset check:

Arizona

Washington

Jacksonville 

Not a great day for my picks. 

So much for my suicide pool.....but I'm sure I have plenty of company!

23 minutes ago, Groin said:

I strongly considered drafting gronk in fantasy and then I remembered how Arians underutilized the TEs last year.  So I guess I’m not surprised 

• Like (+1) 1