Gameday Thread Bills vs. Jets 1st Half

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

And the QB shouldn't be dropping a ball for no reason. It is both.

Did you see the unnecessary hit he took that flipped him 180 * and you want your QB purposely taking those hits? With a 21 point lead , with a QB with a propensity to fumble? Damn glad your not coaching...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Running will always be a part of Allen’s game, but Dabol has to do it strategically.

That was not the right situation and not right called run.

Exactly, I’m not totally against it. We just need to pick better spots. I like Allen more as a guy you allow to scrabble, as opposed to a ton of called runs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

12 carries by your franchise qb in the first half alone is crazy  He's not Tim Tebow  Let him hand off the football  Especially when your up 21 and able to pass at will  He averaged 8 carries per game last year and that needs to come down  Figure out how to run in the red zone without getting your qb crushed

This right here.

Sure, the fumble was dumb. But it's lunacy to risk Allen like this. And extremely unnecessary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

I mean, except for the TD...

In this game he has hit 8 different receivers.

He’s shown pocket presence and accuracy .

Hes got dnough time against a good D line to hit the checkdown.

Daboll doesn’t need to be calling option plays and QB sweeps. Singletary, Moss and Knox could run the sweep instead of the QB.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I have no issue with the results. I just don’t like my QB taking a bunch of hits on called runs. Josh Allen can throw the football. He isn’t an athletic QB with questionable throwing ability. Let him be a  pass first QB. It’s just strange to me how Daboll becomes fascinated with a completely different style of play every week. Once again, the results have been good, just not convinced it works against a guy like Belichick. 

Beane and McDermott better get it figured out  He's go weapons and his passing and decision making has improved  Let him play qb  This isnt SEC football  Nobody is anxious to see Barkley under center for anything other than mop up duty

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Exactly, I’m not totally against it. We just need to pick better spots. I like Allen more as a guy you allow to scrabble, as opposed to a ton of called runs. 

Very  well said. He has a knack for making some amazing runs on breakdowns. We don’t need to force it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I have no issue with the results. I just don’t like my QB taking a bunch of hits on called runs. Josh Allen can throw the football. He isn’t an athletic QB with questionable throwing ability. Let him be a  pass first QB. It’s just strange to me how Daboll becomes fascinated with a completely different style of play every week. Once again, the results have been good, just not convinced it works against a guy like Belichick. 

This is my point. It is naive and short sighted to just say - what do you want we are up 21-3. 
The question is will this work in a big game against a good team? I don’t think so. Not to mention that Josh can not sustain this. This still looks like last years josh. Playing like a beast. But we have yet to see him be a passer. How many passing plays turned into check downs and Allen runs? Way too many. Not great looks in the passing game outside of a few games. They will watch the tape and see if Josh was making the right reads or not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Josh is just always going to be this way.

Which is why the OC shouldn't be putting him in bad situations.   Josh scramble when he can't find a receiver?  Love it.

Designed end run to the short side of the field?!?  WTF....that's an idiotic call no matter what the score or game situation.

• Like (+1) 4