Gameday PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Btw Kay Adams is wearing white shirt/red blazer this morning and I’m pretty sure it’s for us. I mean I’m sure she also has blue on, somewhere 

I’m willing to do a check.

Edit: I just found out why she likes Buffalo, besides our incredibly attractive fanbase. She has Polish heritage and speaks fluent Polish! How does this human exist?!!

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

What if the unthinkable happens?   This place will be a total dumpster fire.  

The Bills losing a game to a division opponent is never unthinkable. And yes it would be a dumpster fire. And the Bills would move on to week 2 at 0-1. If there is one thing constant about this team (except for last year maybe) is they lose to a team we don’t expect and beat a team we don’t expect and it’s a wash. Overall, no one is usually ever as good or as bad as they look in week 1. 

15 minutes ago, Putin said:

The unthinkable is us winning a close game 

and barely covering the spread  , 

That is actually what a lot of people expect (except here maybe) 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills losing a game to a division opponent is never unthinkable. And yes it would be a dumpster fire. And the Bills would move on to week 2 at 0-1. If there is one thing constant about this team (except for last year maybe) is they lose to a team we don’t expect and beat a team we don’t expect and it’s a wash. Overall, no one is usually ever as good or as bad as they look in week 1. 

That is actually what a lot of people expect (except here maybe) 

This needs to be a STATEMENT game not only for the jets but for the rest of the division 

I believe Smoke and Knox will both have a big game !!! 

Edited by Putin

I expect a pretty decisive win today, 7 points or more, but the talk I’ve heard on GR this morning about style points just doesn’t really seem appropriately timed. 

it’s been a weird offseason and it’s week 1 against a division opponent in potentially ***** weather. Just get out with a win. 

if the bills are going into week 5 at 2-2 or worse with no semblance of a dynamic offense, then I’ll worry. For now, get it done where it counts, in the W column. 

Edited by dubs
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

This needs to be a STATEMENT game not only for the jets but for the rest of the division 

I believe Smoke and Knox will both have a big game !!! 

“Statement” Really doesn’t mean anything other than a W. This is a week to week league. And you rarely see blowouts in the NFL. College you do because there can be such disparity in talent and depth. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

“Statement” Really doesn’t mean anything other than a W. This is a week to week league. And you rarely see blowouts in the NFL. College you do because there can be such disparity in talent and depth. 

Yes sometimes a good team will squeak by with a win against a bad team , but if we want to be in the conversation as the true contender , we need to start beating teams that we should and not struggle to get a W , 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

First time in 43 years not at home opener .Seeing my empty seat in Capaccio picture has me  suffering serious withdrawal symptoms right now.  Should be OK once they kick it off. GO BILLS!

I feel for ya. GO BILLS!

22 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

What I really want to know, is how many fans get arrested at Bills Stadium!

I want to know why people would go the stadium

19 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

First time in 43 years not at home opener .Seeing my empty seat in Capaccio picture has me  suffering serious withdrawal symptoms right now.  Should be OK once they kick it off. GO BILLS!

Yep, that sucks.

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s what Bill O’Brien hopes

• Like (+1) 1