TBDAHOT XXI - Social Distancing edition

Just Jack

My father-in-law turns 70 on Sunday. He is the most die-hard Pats* fan you will ever meet. He, and my Pats* fan mother-in-law will be over to our house on Sunday, for lunch, and cake. We live in Los Angeles, and the air quality is so bad from the wildfires that we can't really hang outside, so they will be coming in, and social distancing themselves. There will be no watching, or even talk of football until they have left, and I will watch the game later on playback. It's going to be awkward.

True story.

• Sad 2

The smoker has been going since 3:30 this morning. Pork shoulder and dry rub wings will be ready at noonish. A fresh keg of Molson just tapped. The four AFC championships flag is flying. Streaming the game in the living room, my basement Bills bar and on the back deck. Just a tight group of die-hard fanatics who are grateful the game can be played. We would be in the parking lot by now, though, in any year but 2020.

GO BILLS!

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

At home. Crockpot is on with one of the wifes' concoctions. In-laws coming over. Won't turn on the tv until the actual game starts. Hopefully the BLM stuff doesn't piss me off. If it does I will be in the woods clearing shooting lanes. Not at all excited like I normally would be. 

11 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

At home. Crockpot is on with one of the wifes' concoctions. In-laws coming over. Won't turn on the tv until the actual game starts. Hopefully the BLM stuff doesn't piss me off. If it does I will be in the woods clearing shooting lanes. Not at all excited like I normally would be. 

Archery season shooting lanes? At what distance are you sighted? I’m ok up to 30 yds so far. Don’t feel comfortable over 30. Good luck this season. 

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Where will you be, what are you having, since we can't be at Hammers.

Will your wife be throwing Jell-O shots down your throat at 11am? Pace yourself...kickoff at 1pm

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Archery season shooting lanes? At what distance are you sighted? I’m ok up to 30 yds so far. Don’t feel comfortable over 30. Good luck this season. 

Will your wife be throwing Jell-O shots down your throat at 11am? Pace yourself...kickoff at 1pm

I'm using a crossbow. I know some guys don't consider that "archery" but it's easier on the worn out shoulder. I am good up to 40 yards no problem. Can shoot accurately farther that that but I won't do it.  Good luck to you also.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

No Jell-O shots this year.  

55 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I heard Kenny on the radio(96.9) Friday say he would be a surprise guest at an unnamed Bills Backer get together for week one.

NYC, I heard.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

My father-in-law turns 70 on Sunday. He is the most die-hard Pats* fan you will ever meet. He, and my Pats* fan mother-in-law will be over to our house on Sunday, for lunch, and cake. We live in Los Angeles, and the air quality is so bad from the wildfires that we can't really hang outside, so they will be coming in, and social distancing themselves. There will be no watching, or even talk of football until they have left, and I will watch the game later on playback. It's going to 

Absolutely not why would you let these savages ruin Christmas for you.Get your priorities in order and show them who's house it is.This is a bad president to set what concessions with you have to make next?Miss the Bills vs the Bucs in the superbowl because your mother in law needs your house for an Avon party?

10 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

My house, hosting our Usual little Bills contingent here in Cbus. Pool is still open for one more week so will have the game on outside on a wall of the pool house via projector. 

What part of Columbus do you live? I’m up in Delaware. Will be watching in my Bills Man Cave basement 

46 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

What part of Columbus do you live? I’m up in Delaware. Will be watching in my Bills Man Cave basement 

Nice! I’m just down the road a bit in Westerville. My family is all from WNY but have all moved out here as well as a handful of friends so we always have a good Bills group every Sunday. Well when I’m not up there at least, still have seasons. 

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

My father-in-law turns 70 on Sunday. He is the most die-hard Pats* fan you will ever meet. He, and my Pats* fan mother-in-law will be over to our house on Sunday, for lunch, and cake. We live in Los Angeles, and the air quality is so bad from the wildfires that we can't really hang outside, so they will be coming in, and social distancing themselves. There will be no watching, or even talk of football until they have left, and I will watch the game later on playback. It's going to be awkward.

True story.

Sounds like some people in the family take football way too seriously!  Although I guess you guys all have a right to do whatever you see fit.  I'm just voicing an opinion.  Good luck with it, and I hope the playback works fine for you!  No technical difficulties, etc.