Josh Norman to IR; Cam Lewis called up from PS for Week 1(and DT Zimmer)

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, MJS said:

People need to remember that there are going to be a lot more players put on and taken off IR this year. Normal injuries that take two to three weeks to heal will get you sent to IR.

Honestly, I hope it stays this way in future seasons (including the practice squad rules). It's better for everyone. It will give more opportunities to practice squad players, prevent players from rushing back from injury too early, and give teams more flexibility.

Unfortunately it also gives opportunities for cheap owners (ours is not one) to put players on PS and then elevate them without paying full game rate.  Until players stop signing on a team's PS they will recycle a lot of players rather than develop.

16 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't even know why there is even a 3 week time limit. Let the guy sit on IR for as long or short as he needs to get healthy and then sign him back. Now, maybe it should require at least two weeks, but I don't see the damage in having guys go on and off as needed. It protects the players because it gives the team options while allowing players to heal, and the player won't get rushed back as often.

Easily abused by some coaches/GMs.

15 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I have still have the mentality that IR means you’re done for the year. That would make sense 

It would have been good if they used another classification.

3 hours ago, GG said:

All 3 are active on game day, but not the #5 DT

Well, I guess the Bills agree with me, Lee Smith inactive. And Zimmer is active, the move to release V Taylor and T Smart looking worse by the day. Well, I hope Zimmer is more than we know.

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

We only have 3 TEs on the roster....the 4th is really not a TE

Well, I guess the Bills agree with me, Lee Smith inactive.

20 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Well, I guess the Bills agree with me, Lee Smith inactive. And Zimmer is active, the move to release V Taylor and T Smart looking worse by the day. Well, I hope Zimmer is more than we know.

Well, I guess the Bills agree with me, Lee Smith inactive.

👌