Josh Norman to IR; Cam Lewis called up from PS for Week 1(and DT Zimmer)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I hope they don't release him.   I think he still can play, and as someone said, he could be the cherry on top.  

Agree. From reports he was playing well in camp before the hamstring. He probably just needs a little time to heal fully. Hopefully he'll be good to go and rotate with Levi by Week 4.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You can have up to 2 additional from the PS on Gameday and send them back down after. They don’t need signed to roster. So they actually have an open roster spot and those two are just extra for tomorrow 

Ok gotcha. But I assume this gameday "promotion" doesn't necessarily mean that they will be on active game roster (is it 48 this year?), does it?

And if they actually play, do they get some extra pay or only those 12k or less they get on PS?

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Ok gotcha. But I assume this gameday "promotion" doesn't necessarily mean that they will be on active game roster (is it 48 this year?), does it?

And if they actually play, do they get some extra pay or only those 12k or less they get on PS?

I mean what's the point in promoting them if they're not going to be active? You can only promote them so many times.

21 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agree. From reports he was playing well in camp before the hamstring. He probably just needs a little time to heal fully. Hopefully he'll be good to go and rotate with Levi by Week 4.

i think they wantED him to play inside . Sharing time with T Johnson on some downs

Frazier is putting him outside with hammy that opposing Team are now quite aware of I bet anyways.

good to see Cam getting some work I hope

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Unfortunate. But this is nothing earth shattering. If he panned out he was basically the cherry on top of an already stacked defense. Wallace will be just fine. 

Wallace is a VERY WEAK tackler.  Watch the films from last year.  Embarrassing.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

People need to remember that there are going to be a lot more players put on and taken off IR this year. Normal injuries that take two to three weeks to heal will get you sent to IR.

Honestly, I hope it stays this way in future seasons (including the practice squad rules). It's better for everyone. It will give more opportunities to practice squad players, prevent players from rushing back from injury too early, and give teams more flexibility.

I think it makes the salary cap a mess and hard to monitor,  Everytime a PS player is elevated their salary is different and the new number counts against the cap. 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

If the guy is only hurt for a week or 2, they don’t have to place him on IR.  We have inactive roster spots and plenty of PS squads.  

if there were no timetable, teams could just put a guy on IR on a designated rest day, sign a player that was on your weekly opponent roster recently, try and suck them for info and then cut them a day later.  I’m sure there are other loopholes teams could look for to take advantage.

I feel there has to be at least a 2 week designation but three seems reasonable 

Wallace is good at times.  At times he’s not so much good.  I’d consider him an average CB and I hope we upgrade that position next year.  

really would’ve loved to add Pierre Desir. 3 years 22 mill (12 gtd).  7 mill and change a year for 2 years.  3 years if they wanted to keep him. Norman will make 6-8 mill for a year.

Wallace had a bad three game stretch last season, but outside that he’s been consistently pretty good.  He doesn’t wow people, I get it, but he’s effective.   Desir is just ok to me as we will see tomorrow.  Depending how season goes Bills might draft a CB high.  But if they can’t sign Milano that first pick might be a LB.

9 hours ago, CSBill said:

And I will add, it makes the release of Taylor and Smart more questionable .... I don't think Zimmer was better than either of them.

They were better than Zimmer, but who would you cut to keep one of them on the roster?