Josh Norman to IR; Cam Lewis called up from PS for Week 1(and DT Zimmer)

YoloinOhio

Interesting! So will Norman play at all this year? And is V Butler more serious than let on (DT Justin Zimmer)?

And I will add, it makes the release of Taylor and Smart more questionable .... I don't think Zimmer was better than either of them.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, CSBill said:

Interesting! So will Norman play at all this year? And is Q Jefferson more serious than let on (DT Justin Zimmer)?

Dunno for sure but seems to me that he’ll be back in 3 weeks.

i didn’t even see that Jefferson was hurt....what did he injure?

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dunno for sure but seems to me that he’ll be back in 3 weeks.

i didn’t even see that Jefferson was hurt....what did he injure?

My apologies, I had it wrong, it was Butler who missed practice time this week. It is fixed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

People need to remember that there are going to be a lot more players put on and taken off IR this year. Normal injuries that take two to three weeks to heal will get you sent to IR.

Honestly, I hope it stays this way in future seasons (including the practice squad rules). It's better for everyone. It will give more opportunities to practice squad players, prevent players from rushing back from injury too early, and give teams more flexibility.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Next we'll see if he is released with an injury settlement. 

zero chance of that since he can just be reactivated and released in 3 weeks if that's what he wanted. He also has his full salary this year guaranteed for making the roster, so I don't think he needs a settlement.

Edited by BullBuchanan

8 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Interesting! So will Norman play at all this year? And is V Butler more serious than let on (DT Justin Zimmer)?

And I will add, it makes the release of Taylor and Smart more questionable .... I don't think Zimmer was better than either of them.

It’s a hammy so 3 weeks is about right to get right 

• Like (+1) 2