Athletic $1/Month For 3 Months, Cancel Anytime

Rico

Here are the details of your subscription:

Date:

09/12/2020

Subscription:

$1.00 per month for the first 12 months.
$7.99 due each month thereafter.

Payment Information:

Visa ending in 6650

as i said in the other thread I got $1 per month for 12 months.  Maybe because i'm a new subscriber or something.  This was the confirming email they just sent me.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

Sorry if already posted, & don't mean to shill, but this is a great deal, I just signed up.

If you don't already subscribe, just click on this link & the offer should show up.

https://theathletic.com/2060953/2020/09/12/brad-childress-on-josh-allen-donovan-mcnabb-and-what-it-takes-to-make-the-jump/

Thanks, Shillorico!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Date:

09/12/2020

Subscription:

Payment Information:

Visa ending in 6650

as i said in the other thread I got $1 per month for 12 months.  Maybe because i'm a new subscriber or something.  This was the confirming email they just sent me.

Awesome for you!  My e-mail didn't say that, and I've never subscribed before. I got

Date:

09/12/2020

Subscription:

$1.00 per month for the first 3 months.

10 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Date:

09/12/2020

Subscription:

Payment Information:

Visa ending in 6650

Unless I see the first eight digits of that Visa, I'm calling BS.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Date:

09/12/2020

Subscription:

Payment Information:

Visa ending in 6650

Cool man....Ima gonna give this a shot......bummer - I am getting what @Rico got.  3 Months at $1.  Wonder what you did to get 12 months?

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just got it for 6 months at a $1 per.  Who knows

The Athletic has never been profitable over their 4 years of existence.  Bottom barrel rates aren't going to save that.

From USA today:

" the cost for salaries and benefits alone is about $32 million per year, and that doesn’t include “office, support, tech, sales, travel, and a zillion other costs of doing business.”  The Athletic is not profitable, and that diminishes their value for future investors"

I pay full boat for The Athletic (about $50 per year) and it is a steal. All pro sports, written about local journalists who actually know the teams and leagues they follow. 

I hope anyone who is partaking in their special is open to buying for the long term: it’s worth supporting! Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1