Current Overrated/Underrated Bills players

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I disagree on Poyer. He's solid and that's how most people see him. I would have to start the overrated list with 1. Edmunds and 2. Allen. I do think Edmunds has the tools to continue improving though. John Brown is solid too, but he's nowhere near Diggs. Other than that, I agree. I'd just add Dawkins and Spain as slightly underrated.

Josh Allen is easily the most overrated player on the team, and by a wide margin.

I like Poyer too.  I wouldn't consider Jerry Hughes "underrated" as the OP did.  His gas tank has been relatively low for a season or 2 now.  

He used to be a lot more effective.

It depends who I am considering them overrated and underrated by.... 

In terms of league wide attention I think Josh Allen is probably a little underrated. On this board however he is a little overrated (people here tend to rate him on what he could become not what he is today). 

But leaving Allen aside I would say most Bill fans overrate Mitch Morse and Mario Addison. I think the two Qs... Quinton Spain and Quinton Jefferson are underrated. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It depends who I am considering them overrated and underrated by.... 

In terms of league wide attention I think Josh Allen is probably a little underrated. On this board however he is a little overrated (people here tend to rate him on what he could become not what he is today). 

But leaving Allen aside I would say most Bill fans overrate Mitch Morse and Mario Addison. I think the two Qs... Quinton Spain and Quinton Jefferson are underrated. 

Good call on Addison and Spain.

Not all that much. Morse isn't terrific, but was never considered to be, I think, by most. He's a solid guy, above average and really good at the mental side of it. Poyer really is excellent, not so much athletically as for playing the position really intelligently and making it very hard for QBs to read the defense. And Milano really is as good as we think he is. Which is to say he's no All-Pro but he also plays very intelligently, reads the right holes nearly every time and is very fast and can cover.

If anyone's overrated on these boards, it's probably everyone. Which is pretty natural, as we're Bills fans. Happens with every fan base. The whole team is slightly overrated by our own fans. But every once in a while, a team improves enough to make that overoptimistic fan base look like they'd been right on the money. Hopefully that's us this year.

Underrated? Hmm, yeah, good list, Brown and Murphy. Fair enough. 

Overall I don't think there are major mistakes made on this team. We have a pretty decent grasp on who they are, except for a whipping boy or two that this fanbase always seems to need. Oh, and we don't yet have much of a grasp on the new guys, as Gunner thoughtfully points out. I know I don't, yet. 

Edited by Thurman#1

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not all that much. Morse isn't terrific, but was never considered to be, I think, by most. He's a solid guy, above average and really good at the mental side of it. Poyer really is excellent, not so much athletically as for playing the position really intelligently and making it very hard for QBs to read the defense. And Milano really is as good as we think he is. Which is to say he's no All-Pro but he also plays very intelligently, reads the right holes nearly every time and is very fast and can cover.

If anyone's overrated on these boards, it's probably everyone. Which is pretty natural, as we're Bills fans. Happens with every fan base. The whole team is slightly overrated by our own fans. But every once in a while, a team improves enough to make that overoptimistic fan base look like they'd been right on the money. Hopefully that's us this year.

Underrated? Hmm, yeah, good list, Brown and Murphy. Fair enough. 

Overall I don't think there are major mistakes made on this team. We have a pretty decent grasp on who they are, except for a whipping boy or two that this fanbase always seems to need. Oh, and we don't yet have much of a grasp on the new guys, as Gunner thoughtfully points out. I know I don't, yet. 

Hmm. I saw lots of "Morse is a top 5 center" posts after the season. His best year in KC - sure. His first year here - definitely not. 

John Brown I think counted as underrated a year ago. I think there are some on here who now actually slightly overrate him but most have a pretty good handle on him. Equally on Murphy.... is he underrated? I don't know. People would say I underrate him but I just expect my d-end to be able to hit the right run contain lane like 3 or 4 times a game. I don't think I am asking a lot. Sure he made some plays as a pass rusher at the end of last season and by all reports had a good camp (when he most needed it). I have no problem with him being here as such.... he is overpaid though and he remains pretty much a liability in the run game until he shows me on the field that he isn't.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Good thread @Ethan in Portland!! This is always one of my favorites.

over - Morse

under - Levi (a lot to pick from here)

I considered Levi. While he is one of the weaker starters on the Bills he is sometimes talked about like a liability and he really isn't. He has proven himself a serviceable starting zone corner. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I considered Levi. While he is one of the weaker starters on the Bills he is sometimes talked about like a liability and he really isn't. He has proven himself a serviceable starting zone corner. 

He was playing quite well last year when he went down. Levi seemed to be ascending. I’m in complete agreement. He’s an average(ish) starting CB. He’s certainly not a disaster. Levi is the EXACT type of player that championship teams have a few of. He came out of nowhere, is cheap and can play. He’s found money.