Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, DFT said:

Wow...  A lot of awesome in this thread.  A few things...

If you watch sports, understand that the player is a person and they have freedom to express.  One of the wealthiest most profitable businesses in our world supports their employees doing it.  We should all be so fortunate.  There’s tremendous good here.  I totally support the players for the cause they’re uniting to discuss.  It’s noble and necessary in today’s world, but as a former footballer myself, I really love the thought of directing a young, wealthy man in the direction of nobility, and not leaving them to what they usually find.  To me, this is one of the best (and least discussed) victories in the NFLs history.  Like I said, there’s tremendous good here.  

In the same breathe, not all MAGAs are as described - brainwashed, just as all BLM supporters aren’t fire starting anarchists.  For from it on both fronts  We’d all do well to remember that the players aren’t the only ones who are people. Your fellow fans are as well.  None of them deserve to be labeled as the world sees fit.  

We’re all going into this season, election and the rest of the year fighting the same pre-conceived notions that got us here.  We think we know, but we need to just do better to hear others voices without instantly gravitating to their beliefs or affiliations.  Love people and appreciate their perspective even if you don’t agree with it.  

One of the new partnerships in the NFL comes via Lowe’s (the hardware retailer).  I had the chance to speak with their new CEO, Marvin Ellison during a teleconference in August.  You talk about perspective.  Just a few minutes with Mr Ellison and I was amazed at his stance on our country’s current state and his focuses on making changes in that paradigm.  Suffice to say, his views were not what I expected.  It was refreshing as much as it was surprising.  He’s the kind of person that you hope one day decides to run for office.  Yet if I would have come to the conversation with my pre-conceived notion, I would have missed my chance to learn from him what he was willing to share.   

I share this because I’m as guilty as any person of gravitating towards my own understanding instead of learning, listening and being a better version of myself.  Speaking personally, I lose 100% of the time when I think I know a person based on my perceptions or EQ, and don’t invest in learning more.

I hope everyone who is passionate about football, enjoys the game, the players sharing what’s truly important to them and what should be an incredible season.  We’ve been through hell and back as fans.  Wouldn’t it be fitting that the Buffalo Bills won it all in 2020, literally the worst year in history?  

May your drinks be cold; your wings be hot and your voices be loud!  

unless you use ranch.  Then we can’t be friends and I wish you war, death and famine.

The ceo who makes 10000x the necessary income while his employees suffer and get sh*t wages and poor quality of life is the guy to tell us how evil we all are. Thats ironic.

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

The ceo who makes 10000x the necessary income while his employees suffer and get sh*t wages and poor quality of life is the guy to tell us how evil we all are. Thats ironic.

You drew some sort of conclusion that I admittedly didn’t follow.  But if you have an issue with him for some reason, you should know he began his career making minimum wage and worked himself up.  Also Lowe’s was a top 20 performing 2020 company and have been recognized for their many spontaneous bonuses for their employees during the response to COVID.   But again, I don’t know what exactly it is that I shared, that garnered that kind of a response.  But I’d be happy to talk about.  

30 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

No. Brighton, NY, suburb of Rochester...whiteopia. You don’t recognize the structural issue of what you just said?

what structure man? Are you serious?? there is no structure. I went from Gates, to Brockport, to Medina, to gone.Left many a family and friend behind. They just followed me btw. It's a craphole. get out of cities if you want a good life, for your kids. its ridiculous

9 minutes ago, DFT said:

You drew some sort of conclusion that I admittedly didn’t follow.  But if you have an issue with him for some reason, you should know he began his career making minimum wage and worked himself up.  Also Lowe’s was a top 20 performing 2020 company and have been recognized for their many spontaneous bonuses for their employees during the response to COVID.   But again, I don’t know what exactly it is that I shared, that garnered that kind of a response.  But I’d be happy to talk about.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Ellison

Ya sure seems like his employment history has been full of struggles.

My point is that some people are just sick of all this BS media fueled crap to win an election while million aires and people with houses in Martha's vineyard tell us we are all horrible and our country is so horrible right now all of a sudden.

Just like these NFL players and pro athletes. 

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

what structure man? Are you serious?? there is no structure. I went from Gates, to Brockport, to Medina, to gone.Left many a family and friend behind. They just followed me btw. It's a craphole. get out of cities if you want a good life, for your kids. its ridiculous

Ummm, ok...I literally said I live in Brighton which is whiteopia...said that, too. There is no ‘structure’? What does that even mean?

I shared a thought...I’m not here to get in a pee-ing match. Best wishes. 

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ummm, ok...I literally said I live in Brighton which is whiteopia...said that, too. There is no ‘structure’? What does that even mean?

I shared a thought...I’m not here to get in a pee-ing match. Best wishes. 

you are the one who mentioned structure brother. go Bills

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

u can say pissing match :lol:

piss on this bull####

Just now, Sharky7337 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Ellison

Ya sure seems like his employment history has been full of struggles.

My point is that some people are just sick of all this BS media fueled crap to win an election while million aires and people houses in Martha's vineyard tell us we are all horrible and our country is so horrible right now all of a sudden.

Just like these NFL players and pro athletes. 

Let’s make this the first lesson on the importance to “discuss things” before we assume.  You assume that his views were to talk about his life as a Black man and the issues he overcame.  So let me speak on his behalf to share he never mentioned his race.  He didn’t agree with much of what he saw in the media because he felt it didn’t represent his struggle.  Instead he talked about his faith and how he leads by it, unapologetically.  But he shared so much more beyond that, that any listener would consider themselves fortunate to hear.  Not just about how to be a successful Black man in America, but how to be a successful person in America, while never wavering in showing all others respect and being true to their beliefs.  

So the BS media stuff you alluded to and what you may have expected to hear was said by Mr Ellison is the driving point of what I shared.  We would all do much better to talk, Liston (to hear, not respond)

and be willing to see beyond your own understanding or perception.  I mean this generally of course, and not at all just directed to you.  

5 minutes ago, DFT said:

Let’s make this the first lesson on the importance to “discuss things” before we assume.  You assume that his views were to talk about his life as a Black man and the issues he overcame.  So let me speak on his behalf to share he never mentioned his race.  He didn’t agree with much of what he saw in the media because he felt it didn’t represent his struggle.  Instead he talked about his faith and how he leads by it, unapologetically.  But he shared so much more beyond that, that any listener would consider themselves fortunate to hear.  Not just about how to be a successful Black man in America, but how to be a successful person in America, while never wavering in showing all others respect and being true to their beliefs.  

So the BS media stuff you alluded to and what you may have expected to hear was said by Mr Ellison is the driving point of what I shared.  We would all do much better to talk, Liston (to hear, not respond)

and be willing to see beyond your own understanding or perception.  I mean this generally of course, and not at all just directed to you.  

Honestly I made a statement about how some people feel about the bills virtue signaling using him as an example.

We don't need guys who make more money in one year then most of us in a lifetime telling us how bad they have it.(pro athletes, CEOs, Michelle obama)

Whatever your bromance with this dude is between you guys.

Edited by Sharky7337

6 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

We are all racist. The sooner everyone can get on board with that idea and talk it out, the better.

folks will proclaim not me, no not me and say rationales like  "because I have racially diverse friends, I attend a predominately black church, Im white and married to an hispanic man" etc etc etc. Yes i'm describing myself and all those things happen to be true. I don't like to Think I have racist attitudes but in my innermost thoughts I have rememberances of times from my past when I had thoughts and attitudes that were racist. In my case it was due to my parents being bigoted. I had to learn to fight that thinking to better not only myself but for my childrens sake as an example for them and hence they to their own children. 

Where we as people falter is when we dont think we are a part of  the problem but at the same time not delving into reality and that is we ALL have areas in which our thinking can evolve and be better. Listening and not immediately tuning out  what may seem distasteful or not pertaining to us when in 99% if cases it indeed does and can and hopefully involve changes that start as one person and spread exponentially in out attitudes, our actions and our willingness to confront and acknowledge we aren't as sinless as we suspect. JMO

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So because they are "late" they shouldnt do it at all?

That's not my point at all.  It's that not all lives matter as much, indicated by the lack of athlete/celebrity protest against the inner city brutality and death that is not ever discussed.  

If all Black Lives truly mattered to the protestors and players, they would be demanding that inner city violence be addressed, along with the murder of thousands of African-American babies.  But they're not.  

Meanwhile, the NFL, like other many major corporations, has aligned themselves with BLM now to avoid public condemnation.  Because the last thing any corporation wants is pressure applied which may result in revenue losses.  And the organization that applies pressure noticeably does not condemn those other forms of violence they allege happens frequently in America by police.  

Money is behind the league's message.  That and placating certain players, who at last count had demanded and won millions from the NFL to ostensibly fight racism.  And no matter what the league does, it's never enough.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1