Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You're missing the point. The majority of people saying black lives matter aren't doing so to support the organization. Let's be honest though, the right loves the organization Black Lives Matter because they have something to argue against and make it political. 

I've always questioned the organization of BLM and Antifa because facts are they help the right more than the left. These groups help create hate towards the left. 

They are just seeking lip service for justice in a game dominated by poc. If you are an NFL fan it is not too much to ask. Give your brothers a hand. 

A lotta folks are just sick of the virtue signaling that come with the mixed and  blanket messaging, like Kaepernick for example. I don’t blame em, cause I’m getting tired of it too. The fish are doing it right and Bruce arians said it right also. These players and organizations have the means and funds to change the things they only simply talk about. Well I’m also tired of hearing it. ‘End racism’ in the red zone? Is this ‘message’ assuming the viewer is racist? Is this assuming there’s rampant racism in the US or world? Are we talking about ending the actual word ‘racism’? I don’t get the messenger or messaging behind all of this. Im 100% against any act of racism or cop brutality and just about 99% of all Americans are too. 

like Barack Obama said: ‘be the change you seek.’ 

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Im 100% against any act of racism or cop brutality and just about 99% of all Americans are too. 

As much as I'd like to think so, I don't believe that percentage is anywhere near realistic.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

These players and organizations have the means and funds to change the things they only simply talk about. Well I’m also tired of hearing it.

Ho hum....

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/bills-players-staff-donate-1-million-to-close-bps-digital-divide-and-push-for-social-justice-reform

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2020/09/10/bills-players--city-of-buffalo-team-up-to-pay-for-students--internet

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

In all honesty.....when someone is wearing a maga hat you can pretty much bet what is going  to comout out of their mouth when it opens up.

MAGA has become a symbol.....and it is there because of the way the people wearing those hats say and act.

Patriotism - good

MAGA - bad

Call our the symbol, what does it mean to you? What about the BLM flags and wearing BLM paraphernalia? Can you not guess what they are going to say? Or antifa? How about them?

i never presume, people are individuals with their own ideas and they don’t fit into a little box. MAGA does not mean racist, white supremicist or whatever isn’t you want to say. That’s a characature portrayal. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

A lotta folks are just sick of the virtue signaling that come with the mixed and  blanket messaging, like Kaepernick for example. I don’t blame em, cause I’m getting tired of it too. The fish are doing it right and Bruce arians said it right also. These players and organizations have the means and funds to change the things they only simply talk about. Well I’m also tired of hearing it. ‘End racism’ in the red zone? Is this ‘message’ assuming the viewer is racist? Is this assuming there’s rampant racism in the US or world? Are we talking about ending the actual word ‘racism’? I don’t get the messenger or messaging behind all of this. Im 100% against any act of racism or cop brutality and just about 99% of all Americans are too. 

I think 99% may be high unless you are talking about only the most blatant racism. Plenty of Americans are against racism but think it’s a thing of the past that’s totally over. 

antifa is bunch of little kids running around in costumes......

The BLM movement has its bad apples just like the rest of them (but I agree with their movement) I dont like how you have to be a part of it or they get upset (some of them)

I have YET to be able to be able to have a conversation with a MAGA hat wearing person.......usually its about 3 minutes then shrugging your shoulders because they are so programmed.......that has just been my experience.

The truth is.....you cant reach some people and you have to accept that and move on.....

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Excellent way to support the Marxist agenda. Perhaps we should celebrate with a riot and light the stadium on fire. Seriously, who has BLM helped. They hurt their own. Can we please create an organization that actually helps the black community. Celebrating and making heroes out of rapists, drug addicts and criminals is ridiculous. I have not seen one BLM outreach where those who need the help receive it.

And that video is a piece of pandering crap.

BLM is definitely real stuff.  Today I burned a hot dog in the back of the grill, and when I grabbed it with the tongs I could see that it was so dark its life mattered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

People in red baseball caps ???

The guy you're responding to is the only person on my ignore list. He's not a Bills fan, but he exclusively shows up and posts about political/social issues on this forum instead of PPP. When he gets called out he'll report you to the mods for insulting him.