Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Honest question - Why does it matter? Most people that use that term are referring to the movement. I think people know that and are simply stuck in what they believe. It really shouldn’t bother people as much as it does to say BLM. 

It is an honest question.  Some want to broad brush the entire movement as being a Marxist movement....therefore incompatible with our capitalistic society and label the movement negatively.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Seriously?  Racists, bigots, neo nazis, white supremacists, MAGAt's.... people in red baseball caps.

What is a white supremicist to you? If you believe in the MAGA idea, you’re against all social justice? Just want to make sure I understand. Actual racists, actual neo nazis, actual supremicists, I would agree. However, these terms mean very little anymore as the meaning has been expanded so much that everyone that is not completely compliant with the ideas of social justice will be labeled those terms. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

What has gotten lost as the most extreme claims get all the attention is that questionable use of force, unnecessary shootings, and people dying in similar manners to George Floyd have been happening around the country and it isn't exclusive to black people. These cases do not attract as much media attention.   These cases demand a national discussion on use of force, adoption of body cams, and why its so hard to apparently get rid of bad cops.  Instead we are all arguing about whether the police as an institution is systemically racist which is rather absurd given the makeup of the police force itself.  The raw data that I have seen doesn't seem to back up the narrative that black people are killed by police more often than other races when viewed as a function of violent crime incidence by race.  We still can't pretend that there aren't racist cops out there.  I've seen a handful of stories the past week or two alone of officers caught using racist language.  

There is also a discussion on racial bias that is valid and should be happening.   There are studies showing clear evidence of disproportionate sentencing by race and gender.  Racial bias in our legal system is real and cannot be ignored.   Thats just sentencing.  There is a whole system at play determining whether cases are investigated, charges are filed, prosecutors pursue cases, etc.  If we see clear evidence of bias in sentencing its fair to question whether there is bias at play in each of the other steps.

The Arbery case is a great example of many of these factors coming together.   Why did it take months for charges to be filed or an arrest to be made?    Had that case not gone all the way up the chain as a result of national outrage from the video being leaked it would have stayed a local issue and there would have been zero repercussions.  How many times does this happen around the country?  Would this case have played out the same were the victim white?  Do black lives matter as much as other lives in the eyes of the law?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Putin said:

I haven’t seen anyone having a problem with those comments !! 

Tell that to the folks in Kansas City who got a little hot under the collar the other night. 😜

Serious question on that - do you think they were booing at the message of unity? OR because it took so long to start the game. I’m a big supporter of this social injustice reckoning, and I’m not bothered by the players using their platform at all, but even I was like “Can we kick the damn ball already?” It’s been a long 8 months and I was pumped to watch again. 😂

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I think we need to make a better distinction between Black Lives Matter the organization and black lives matter, the movement.  The former was founded by 3 people, 2 of which are Marxist.  The latter is a movement that isn't really associated with the organization.  The majority aren't even aware the organization exists.

Im willing to bet the majority of BLM supporters couldn't name a single leader of BLM because it's not political. Many people want to make it political for whatever reason.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

What is a white supremicist to you? If you believe in the MAGA idea, you’re against all social justice? Just want to make sure I understand. Actual racists, actual neo nazis, actual supremicists, I would agree. However, these terms mean very little anymore as the meaning has been expanded so much that everyone that is not completely compliant with the ideas of social justice will be labeled those terms. 

In all honesty.....when someone is wearing a maga hat you can pretty much bet what is going  to comout out of their mouth when it opens up.

MAGA has become a symbol.....and it is there because of the way the people wearing those hats say and act.

Patriotism - good

MAGA - bad

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Im willing to bet the majority of BLM supporters couldn't name a single leader of BLM because it's not political. Many people want to make it political for whatever reason.

The organization is far-left politically. That is a fact. 

The movement itself is calling for the destruction of the culture, history, and government of the United states as a whole (which includes the current Democrats), which is somewhat apolitical, since it includes almost everyone.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

In all honesty.....when someone is wearing a maga hat you can pretty much bet what is going  to comout out of their mouth when it opens up.

MAGA has become a symbol.....and it is there because of the way the people wearing those hats say and act.

Patriotism - good

MAGA - bad

REally?

I find it interesting that the reality of meeting a Maga-hat wearing person is far different than the narrative spouted by the activist left. It usually involves some form of realization of being lied to... and followed by #walkaway

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Tomorrow we finally play football again!!! 

I don’t see a lot of people being educated or opinions being swayed here, so I won’t even try. 

But...........tomorrow we play football again!!!    :)

Hellz yeah.  Cannot wait.  Making chili, drinking beers, and hopefully watching the Bills throttle the Jets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Proud of the message they’re sending.  We have to come together as a society.  And that means we can be pro-police and pro-police reform.   We can believe black lives matter and that if a black man commits a crime he should be arrested, just treated the same in that arrest as anyone else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just don’t want to see all this stuff when I’m watching a football game. If Allen and Tre want to pony up a 1 mil each for a super bowl or game day commercial spot and talk about this that’s fine, but I don’t want to see it on game day. 

We can only hope that the ratings drop to a point where all this stops and just leave the teams in the locker room for the anthem.

The players have the money to use a billboard, internet commercials or anyone of about 100 different ways to get a message out for change.

Can the players tape vote for Trump or Biden on the back of the helmet?

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There is so much research on this stuff I think you are crazy if you don't believe it. But whether you believe it or not you have to respect that the players see it as a real issue and they want to drive change. I just think it is crazy a simple video like this gets people up in arms.

I'll be honest. I haven't watched it. and I won't. Good on them as teammates and as brothers. But if there is as much research as you claim, why does it only come around every election cycle? It's 1000% hogwash. I've been beaten for having my skin color in the past. No other reason. wrong street, wrong time of day. It is NOT systemic.It's pathetic, brainwashed, self entitled brats who think their ancestors were done wrong and see an opportunity. well, get in line. Every culture has been done wrong by another throughout history. No where in the world do POC have it better than today in the USA. Therefore, it's a myth. it's indoctrination. And only serves the masters that the false flag happens to benefit at any given time. And until THAT fact is accepted, it will never get better for anyone in this entire world.  THAT'S fact

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I just don’t want to see all this stuff when I’m watching a football game. If Allen and Tre want to pony up a 1 mil each for a super bowl or game day commercial spot and talk about this that’s fine, but I don’t want to see it on game day. 

We can only hope that the ratings drop to a point where all this stops and just leave the teams in the locker room for the anthem.

The players have the money to use a billboard, internet commercials or anyone of about 100 different ways to get a message out for change.

Can the players tape vote for Trump or Biden on the back of the helmet?

It has been pushed that BLM messaging isn't "political" so they can say whatever they want in support of the left, but anything  in disagreement (to the right) is banned.

Pro-choice- not political

Pro-life- banned!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

It has been pushed that BLM messaging isn't "political" so they can say whatever they want in support of the left, but anything  in disagreement (to the right) is banned.

Pro-choice- not political

Pro-life- banned!

exactly right

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The movement itself is calling for the destruction of the culture, history, and government of the United states as a whole (which includes the current Democrats), which is somewhat apolitical, since it includes almost everyone.

You're missing the point. The majority of people saying black lives matter aren't doing so to support the organization. Let's be honest though, the right loves the organization Black Lives Matter because they have something to argue against and make it political. 

I've always questioned the organization of BLM and Antifa because facts are they help the right more than the left. These groups help create hate towards the left. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You're missing the point. The majority of people saying black lives matter aren't doing so to support the organization. Let's be honest though, the right loves the organization Black Lives Matter because they have something to argue against and make it political. 

I've always questioned the organization of BLM and Antifa because facts are they help the right more than the left. These groups help create hate towards the left. 

That's in line with conspiracy theory that all the rioters are Nazi's infiltrating the peaceful protestors.

15 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

REally?

I find it interesting that the reality of meeting a Maga-hat wearing person is far different than the narrative spouted by the activist left. It usually involves some form of realization of being lied to... and followed by #walkaway

Yes everyone is lieing to you except Fox News and OAN

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

That's in line with conspiracy theory that all the rioters are Nazi's infiltrating the peaceful protestors.

Have they found that darn Antifa plane yet?

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I was looking forward to tomorrow until this happened. This is it. I’m so done with this team. I can handle the losing and being embarrassed on the football field, but this I can not tolerate. 

edit: I wasn’t being serious.

I am thru forever last straw man.