Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

well we disagree on that. I'm not gonna burn down my city because of that tho🇺🇸

To bad I could use a new pair of sneakers 👟 

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they're mad at. 

Did you asked them ?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'll never understand why this stuff makes people angry. If you get upset over this you're part of the problem. I've never been someone that felt racism was a problem in today's America because I never experienced it. Then I see how people react to those who stand up against it and now I understand. 

Would you feel the same if they spent the same energy promoting the Pro Life movement? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

and my post said that 'some' people don't care about social injustice, leaving room for people like you.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your comment. I was under the impression that you were agreeing with the poster you quoted who said:

I'll never understand why this stuff makes people angry. If you get upset over this you're part of the problem.”

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Of course we all know that there’s dirty , racist, cops out there and I had some bad experience with them more then once 

And all of those dirty cops go drink beers after work, or on weekends with good cops. And their bosses and union reps either hide or keep their written up behavior secret. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

... and football? I’ll high five any of you guys in the stands at a Bills game. 

Im there now.....I am not going to let political opinion get in the way of celebrating with my fellow bills fans

Its ok to disagree........brothers and sister's fight......as long as everyone has made up in time for dinner.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Right now I'm watching Notre Dame and there has been no political force feeding or anything else thrown into the broadcast thus far. I hope it's just like this tomorrow with the Bills broadcast. Ending racism starts with the individual. It is our own heart we are responsible for. If you have children then you are responsible for training them in the way they should go. Other than that, the way you treat others is how you will be known. I treat all people the same, with kindness and respect regardless of skin color. I do random acts of kindness for people I don't know. Not for a pat on the back, but because it's what I feel led to do. If you would see me in person I am a shaved bald white guy, with a few tats, and a stocky build because I hit the gym 4 days a week. Easy to be stereotyped and I have been on numerous occasions. It hasn't changed who I am and I just let my actions speak for me. My kids don't look up to athletes because I have explained to them why they shouldn't and I also show them what a man is supposed to be. I show them how they are to treat people and the value of responsibility. They have seen the results first hand of my hard work and endurance through all situations, both in my professional life and my home life, and we have seen both terribly hard times as well as good. I teach them to be leaders and not followers of the latest crowds or fads. If more men were like myself then the world would be a better place, and please don't take that statement as any sort of arrogance because I am not in any way. I just know the importance of a father in their children's lives and the example which must be set. I say all of this to get to the point that I don't have time for people to dictate to me who deserves reverence. I don't have time for people to dictate to me that because of my skin color somehow I have an advantage or have received any sort of preferential treatment. I'm not sorry for how I was born so I will not apologize, or grovel, or submit to a mob trying to tell me otherwise. I have lived my life and know that is not the case, both in everyday life and in dealing law enforcement. I don't support BLM and I don't support all the rest of the mess that has ensued behind it since May. If the broadcast tomorrow is full of this same activity which I just outlined then I won't be watching again. With how Corona gave me a different perspective on things I would imagine that I will adjust just fine if that happens to be the case. You can say whatever you want about anything I just said as well. It is of no consequence to me because though we all share interaction on this board, none of this has any sort of direct effect upon my personal life. To each their own. Their own opinion, their own stances, and their own life to live. Enjoy your Saturday everyone and hopefully the Bills mop the Jets tomorrow. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

there is NO systemic racism

There is so much research on this stuff I think you are crazy if you don't believe it. But whether you believe it or not you have to respect that the players see it as a real issue and they want to drive change. I just think it is crazy a simple video like this gets people up in arms.

9 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Which people are the “some people” you are talking about then? 

you want names?

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Forgive me if I misunderstood your comment. I was under the impression that you were agreeing with the poster you quoted who said:

I'll never understand why this stuff makes people angry. If you get upset over this you're part of the problem.”

Cool, I was giving my point of view on the subject. I agree with his frustration, but I don't put everyone in the same basket.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Would you feel the same if they spent the same energy promoting the Pro Life movement? 

There was an abortion clinic right next to my kindergarten school in a nice Buffalo suburb. I still remember pro life and pro choice protests ending in brawls.

So I've witnessed many pro life protests since I was very young. To answer your question I have no problem with anyone voicing their opinions and protesting in a non-violent manner. 

Great thing about the US is not everyone thinks the same or believes in the same thing. Not everyone is religious and no one forces you to be. That is our freedom. It's in the constitution, just like gun rights 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I think we need to make a better distinction between Black Lives Matter the organization and black lives matter, the movement.  The former was founded by 3 people, 2 of which are Marxist.  The latter is a movement that isn't really associated with the organization.  The majority aren't even aware the organization exists.

Honest question - Why does it matter? Most people that use that term are referring to the movement. I think people know that and are simply stuck in what they believe. It really shouldn’t bother people as much as it does to say BLM. 

I feel like everybody should have a right to their opinion. A right to be wise, a right to be a fool. Problem I’m having is both sides are forcing me to have an opinion. I’m just unaware of what’s going on in this country and I don’t have enough information to have an opinion. Smart people have doubts but fools are beaming with confidence. For God’s sake I was getting bloodwork done and my phlebotomist poked me like four times with a needle because I didn’t want to talk politics....and I think it was on purpose. Unfortunately the political/social dichotomy in this country is such now that everything is in black and white.. I’m like a chameleon in public, I don’t want to really get involved because I think something really bad is happening right now... I can just feel it in my gut. I fear that no matter which way things play out in this country things will be forever worse. For now you’re either a racist or a Marxist, no middle ground..

• Like (+1) 1