Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, eball said:

I’m just curious as to what problem anyone has with the comments “stop hate” or “it takes all of us.”

If those messages make you angry, disgusted, or want to turn off your TV you’ve got a lot of soul searching to do, to understand why you feel the way you do. 

I haven’t seen anyone having a problem with those comments !! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Are you saying that there aren't some people out there that don't care about social injustice?

I think it’s a well worn tactic to state a side and then create an ultimatum that those who don’t agree with your definition of the side are *insert pejorative here*

I can care 100% about social injustice and still think that much of the above video is offensive narrative and unnecessary pandering. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

6 pages.  I'm betting that by page 13 both sides will find a rational compromise and we can all get back to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

... and football? I’ll high five any of you guys in the stands at a Bills game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I think it’s a well worn tactic to state a side and then create an ultimatum that those who don’t agree with your definition of the side are *insert pejorative here*

I can care 100% about social injustice and still think that much of the above video is offensive narrative and unnecessary pandering. 

I’m sorry but if you are not on board 100% then you are the problem !!!!

11 minutes ago, Bill Lewes said:

again, I have. >> https://blacklivesmatter.com     

e make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

1 minute ago, eball said:

I’m just curious as to what problem anyone has with the comments “stop hate” or “it takes all of us.”

If those messages make you angry, disgusted, or want to turn off your TV you’ve got a lot of soul searching to do, to understand why you feel the way you do. 

1. Spoiled millionaires playing a child's game, paid for by bailed out owners, tell me I'm evil. I have to pay to see that.
  2. My neighborhood goes to murderous hell because arresting people for break-ins is racist.
  3. Ben Crump says 4 times the lethal dose of elephant tranquilizer is no big deal. He's welcome to take that amount, by the way.
  4. People who choose to live a life of crime die, the world burns, like they just exorcised some demon.

All my fault. Got it.

In my neighborhood, people can't sober up and leave their homes to supervise their kids, or earn money to pay bills. But if there's a fight, or a shooting, or a car wreck, you can't keep them away. That goes for everyone.

Ever heard that story of the guy who worked abroad in the 1990s, and came back home today, and was shocked by the poverty he saw here in the USA? Nice world you are leaving behind.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The most recent poll I found is from NPR showing 53% support to 34% oppose and 9% don't know/don't care. That is a decline but still a clear majority. My larger point is that people conflate the organization with the movement. I doubt most Americans even know there is an organization with that name. What it really comes down to is that most Americans believe there is still racial inequality in America. Trying to dismiss BLM as "marxist" is just nonsense. 53% of Americans are not marxists.

nor are they racist. there is NO systemic racism OR systemic police brutality in this nation, and certainly not directed towards one group of people compared to all the others. My point is this- does bad ***** happen? yup

does it happen to all peoples? yup

And for all these enormously wealthy companies, and leagues, to force a rhetoric down the nation's throat is wrong. I will stand for ALL my neighbors if they are innocent. But if you tell me all flying kangaroos need to be eliminated because 3% of them eat pink zebras and its an outrage...I'm calling that nonsense out.

*disclaimer....no offense intended towards the decent flying kangaroos or pink zebras out there. BLM I do not believe to be marxist...Antifa, yes

• Like (+1) 2

truly a sad time in this nation, a nation more divided then it has ever been, 2020 has been the worst I've seen in my almost 6 decades in this world. a nation divided will certainly fall and from what I've seen and read, pessimistic as it may sound, I don't see this nation ever coming together.

united we stand, divided, we fall...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, WizdomCalling said:

This is a true statement, some people sometimes dont think things exist because they never experienced it. I never experienced brain freeze so I don't believe it exists, I'm sure there are millions who would disagree. 

That's weird.  Never?  I haven't had a brain freeze since I was in my teens, but man do they suck.

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

nor are they racist. there is NO systemic racism OR systemic police brutality in this nation, and certainly not directed towards one group of people compared to all the others. My point is this- does bad ***** happen? yup

does it happen to all peoples? yup

And for all these enormously wealthy companies, and leagues, to force a rhetoric down the nation's throat is wrong. I will stand for ALL my neighbors if they are innocent. But if you tell me all flying kangaroos need to be eliminated because 3% of them eat pink zebras and its an outrage...I'm calling that nonsense out.

*disclaimer....no offense intended towards the decent flying kangaroos or pink zebras out there. BLM I do not believe to be marxist...Antifa, yes

agree with your thoughts.. but BLM Is marxist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

and my post said that 'some' people don't care about social injustice, leaving room for people like you.

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

truly a sad time in this nation, a nation more divided then it has ever been, 2020 has been the worst I've seen in my almost 6 decades in this world. a nation divided will certainly fall and from what I've seen and read, pessimistic as it may sound, I don't see it this nation ever coming together.

united we stand, divided, we fall...

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1