Bills release their social justice message

Kirby Jackson

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

Man they’ve made cops look real bad in that video , 

maybe they should watch some footage of 

9/11/01 when those cops were running in to the burning towers and lost their lives to save people !!!

How quickly some forget !!! 

I think what the protest is about is when police officers do their job poorly they're treated like anyone else. That said, I will always support police, they should be respected. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

9/11/01 when those cops were running in to the burning towers and lost their lives to save people !!!

or we could look at what happened 19 years ago, and ask why many Americans don't think those cops would run into a burning building for them . . .

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Broad strokes...

You're doing the same thing you condemn them for. Just opposite.

I relate to your optimism though.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think what the protest is about is when police officers do their job poorly they're treated like anyone else. That said, I will always support police, they should be respected. 

Yep. Pro-cop, anti-thug, God bless America. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Bill Lewes said:

or we could look at what happened 19 years ago, and ask why many Americans don't think those cops would run into a burning building for them . . .

I wouldn’t run in to a burning building for you either if I was a cop 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Very well done video of what used to be referred to as "common sense" American attitudes...

(And this should be a very useful thread)

It's good for people to remember what you say.  This stuff isn't revolutionary.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Broad strokes...

You're doing the same thing you condemn them for. Just opposite.

I relate to your optimism though.

I’m just saying not all cops are bad and that there’s cops risking their lives every day to save/help people , 

13 minutes ago, Putin said:

Certainly, it’s not all police that are the problem. But some seek these positions of authority for the wrong reasons. Look at what the three officers involved in Elijah McClain’s death did at his memorial site. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I’m just saying not all cops are bad and that there’s cops risking their lives every day to save/help people , 

I don't think there's anyone here that would disagree with you.  To support Black Lives Matter and social/racial justice doesn't automatically translate into being anti-police.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Aaronthebaron said:

Certainly, it’s not all police that are the problem. But some seek these positions of authority for the wrong reasons. Look at what the three officers involved in Elijah McClain’s death did at his memorial site. 

Of course we all know that there’s dirty , racist, cops out there and I had some bad experience with them more then once 

sorry, im not into this anti-cop stuff.  my friend, a cop, chased an armed robber.  he chose not to shoot him.  the robber shot him above his vest and it hit his clavicle and ricocheted into his heart and he died.  he had a quick decision to make and it cost him his life.  he is never coming back, his daughter is growing up without a father.  bad cops should be taken off the force but the majority arent bad at all.  they have a tough job and have to make decisions quickly.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think there's anyone here that would disagree with you.  To support Black Lives Matter and social/racial justice doesn't automatically translate into being anti-police.  

I support and want all hate and racism to end just for our kids and grand kids sake 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Beach said:

sorry, im not into this anti-cop stuff.  my friend, a cop, chased an armed robber.  he chose not to shoot him.  the robber shot him above his vest and it hit his clavicle and ricocheted into his heart and he died.  he had a quick decision to make and it cost him his life.  he is never coming back, his daughter is growing up without a father.  bad cops should be taken off the force but the majority arent bad at all.  they have a tough job and have to make decisions quickly.  

It’s the decision making that is the crux of the problem. Something needs to change to better prepare police for assessing situations. You mentioned an armed suspect, how many of these cases getting publicity were unarmed black men? The training for law enforcement is lacking severely. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beach said:

"Anti-cop"

again...

Broad strokes...

• Like (+1) 2

I knew someone who was a racist, but he saw "black lives matter," on a helmet, and that totally changed his mind.  

Also, I knew an inner city kid in poverty, and that "black lives matter" sticker instantly helped him.  

It also stopped domestic abusers from running from the police and reaching for knives in their car.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2