Feliciano shares frustration that he’s not allowed on sideline on Sunday per nflpa rules

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, MJS said:

I get the frustration, but limiting the contact on the field makes sense. If an opposing player is somehow infected and comes into contact with a Bills player, you want as few potential contacts as possible. So the NFL and NFLPA have been trying to get as few people on the sidelines as possible.

Makes sense to me.

Yup.

I understand why Feliciano is angry. But assuming this rule is about public health, limiting the people on the field benefits the NFL, the Bills, the opponent, the players, their families ... everyone.

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

It doesn't work, namely because the industry tasked with our publics' health has failed miserably at teaching, and informing...

Instead you walk in get a list of pills that most people have no idea what they are even taking what for, they don't know what diseases are, they definitely don't know that it isn't mandatory for them to be on medications for life and you pass it off as obligation to Pharmacists to explain what you should be explaining....

Oh wait, that's right 99% of doctors don't even know what Chemistry or Physics is, instead they let another huge industry buy them off in exchange for shiny cars, watches, fancy lunches from Pharmaceutical reps...

It simply is not true that every American knows what healthy behavior is, because they do not understand cause and effect which doctors should be teaching them about the first second they step in the door claiming to have symptoms. 

It's just odd that almost every Dr I have been around doesn't have the balls to tell the truth.

One thing you are right about is a century of outreach and medicine and the population isn't more healthy...actually the opposite, weird isn't it?

I was mocking the 100% safe and effective narrative behind vaccines, the government and millions of people say otherwise, I'm sure you're familiar with the government run database...

I wish to die of the most chronic of diseases and wish the same fate on everybody, OLD AGE with no pharmaceuticals!

Are there major problems with the health system? Sure.

But to argue that "It is simply not true that every American knows what healthy behavior is," and that that's the medical profession's fault is sheer nonsense. Of course there are a few who don't know. People who should know better believe in all kinds of nonsense, anti-vax ideas being a major example.

Not every American knows. But most do. Most know that diet problems are the cause of many or most lifestyle diseases and that most deaths are lifestyle-related.. And yet McDonald's thrives and the candy industry is a multi-billion dollar wild success. The health care system is very far from perfect, but doctors are absolutely not the main part of America's health problems.

As for what you wish for everybody ... yeah, um, no thanks. You're welcome to that lifestyle. I'll take pharmaceuticals when they make sense, thanks, which they often do. But - seriously - good luck on whatever lifestyle makes you happy as long as it doesn't hurt others. I'm not clear how dying "of the most chronic of diseases" would make you happy. I mean, that would include things like ALS. Or the most painful types of cancer, presumably without use of painkillers or chemo or radiation therapy. If that's what you want, go for it, but don't wish it on me, thanks.

16 hours ago, MJS said:

Yes

Not that you were replying to me, but you realize that our healthcare and pharmaceutical system is not designed to cure but to mask symptoms, right? They want people to be on pills for the rest of their lives. Actually curing people is bad for business. You want people just sick enough to need your medication until they die.

There are certainly areas where this is true, most particularly with the drug companies. But in most cases it's just nonsense. Plenty of doctors put their patients interests above those of the drug companies. And pretending that every patient who leaves a hospital or clinic is put on a life-long drug regimen is simply that, it's fantasy, it's la-la land.

Not that there aren't problems. There absolutely are. And they should be worked on. But it's certainly ridiculous to say that "our healthcare and pharmaceutical system is not designed to cure but to mask symptoms."

Jesus, we're off topic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's a ***** joke. We have fans in stands at some games, but empty stadiums in others. We have entire conferences opting out while others are playing. It's crazy and sad. Stay home if you're that terrified of the COVID. Quarantine yourself and your family. Let the rest of the world get back to  living or dying. 

Will those who do not care about others die fast enough? No unfortunately.

16 hours ago, MJS said:

Yes

Not that you were replying to me, but you realize that our healthcare and pharmaceutical system is not designed to cure but to mask symptoms, right? They want people to be on pills for the rest of their lives. Actually curing people is bad for business. You want people just sick enough to need your medication until they die.

How about if we return this discussion to talking about Feliciano and his frustration at being limited from the sideline and perspectives about that, relevant to football?

There are THOUSANDS of places on the internet where @MJS and @Sherlock Holmes can ride their pet hobbyhorses about healthcare and pharmaceuticals as "them" (that's the hallmark of a conspiracy theory, you realize, guys - references to a nebulous, vaguely defined "them")

This is a football forum

Somewhere Else, Not Here

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SCBills said:

100% agree with Feliciano.  

Some of these rules just seem like “rules for the sake of rules”. 

So much for "following the science."

10 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Yup. Minimizing risk of this includes limiting exposure to others. As the NFL isn’t operating in a bubble, every individual increases the possibility of spread many fold. 

I get he doesn’t like it and that the chances of spread are minimal but it does stand to reason. 

There is zero reason and there is no science-based evidence that it makes any difference.  

11 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It's a joke. We have fans in stands at some games, but empty stadiums in others. We have entire conferences opting out while others are playing. It's crazy and sad. Stay home if you're that terrified of the COVID. Quarantine yourself and your family. Let the rest of the world get back to  living or dying. 

Wow!

This is exactly the wrong way to handle it. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How about if we return this discussion to talking about Feliciano and his frustration at being limited from the sideline and perspectives about that, relevant to football?

There are THOUSANDS of places on the internet where @MJS and @Sherlock Holmes can ride their pet hobbyhorses about healthcare and pharmaceuticals as "them" (that's the hallmark of a conspiracy theory, you realize, guys - references to a nebulous, vaguely defined "them")

This is a football forum

Somewhere Else, Not Here

No problem, but [stuff doing exactly what he was asked to desist from excised - mod]

I post this to apologize about flying off topic and to bring it to the proper forum.

Now, back on topic of Feliciano...

I love Mongo's heart and drive! We should really do something to be able to have him on the sideline, would it be against the rules to have an IR player on the sideline as an assistant coach? 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Remove off-topic schutff and politically loaded language he was requested to desist

8 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

No problem, but [stuff doing exactly what he was asked to desist from excised - mod]

I post this to apologize about flying off topic and to bring it to the proper forum.

Now, back on topic of Feliciano...

I love Mongo's heart and drive! We should really do something to be able to have him on the sideline, would it be against the rules to have an IR player on the sideline as an assistant coach? 

I’m sure the NFL/NFLPA have rules about player coaches, but I don’t know what they are.  Anyone?

One thing I’m wondering is how they’re handling the booth.  If it’s all distanced and stuff, it may be limited, but if Mongo wants to share any nuances he sees while the NFL wants to limit people physically on the sideline, I wonder if putting guys like Mongo in the booth would help?

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It's not getting me fired up either.  I don't really care one way or the other, to be honest.  I just voiced my opinion.

For the record, I am not the sort of 2BD knucklehead who voted for Trump and thinks 70,000 people should be at the game.

But the sideline is going to be FILLED with "essential personnel" players, coaches, trainers, doctors, presumably TV cameramen, officials, etc...a football field is a big, outdoor space, at least in OP, NY.

As I said, if Feliciano wants to be there as part of the team, I think he should be allowed to.  Put a mask on him and tell him to stay 6 feet away from all people, all the time.  There's no "risk" in that, beyond what many other people are taking at the same place at the same time.

Was that really necessary?