Feliciano shares frustration that he’s not allowed on sideline on Sunday per nflpa rules

YoloinOhio

Well, I have to agree with him. Why is 3 hours on Sunday more dangerous than the rest of the week? He’s still at the facility and around the team, even if it’s in rehab. He’s still being tested. How is this a real problem? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

I'm with the consensus here.  Sometimes unions deserve huge amounts of credit for standing up for those they represent.  On the other hand, sometimes they seem arbitrary and self serving.  At the very least, this sounds pretty arbitrary.

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, I have to agree with him. Why is 3 hours on Sunday more dangerous than the rest of the week? He’s still at the facility and around the team, even if it’s in rehab. He’s still being tested. How is this a real problem? 

Is there an explanation from the league as to why he’s not allowed ? 

Just now, Putin said:

Is there an explanation from the league as to why he’s not allowed ? 

Although the policy seems to be a bit broken, I do imagine that it has something to do with league officials on and near the sideline and proximity to more players. Just spitballing here....

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Although the policy seems to be a bit broken, I do imagine that it has something to do with league officials on and near the sideline and proximity to more players. Just spitballing here....

I guess the bright side of this is that the league is taking all precautions to keep everyone safe from COVID ,
even though it doesn’t make much sense in this case I’m ok with doing what ever needs to be done to have a full 16 game season 

• Like (+1) 1

I get the frustration, but limiting the contact on the field makes sense. If an opposing player is somehow infected and comes into contact with a Bills player, you want as few potential contacts as possible. So the NFL and NFLPA have been trying to get as few people on the sidelines as possible.

Makes sense to me.

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if they just copied and pasted the rules that surround 'normal' IR, or some other form of IR.

Seems pretty dumb to me, bearing in mind the daily testing.

If you are being tested daily, surely you should be allowed into your place of work?

I would assume it's a numbers thing and limiting areas to only those that need to be there. The players aren't living in bubbles like the NHL and NBA, they go home to their families and because of this risk catching it while they are away from the team. They are also not in contact regularly with the other team and with the game officials and other crew there to broadcast the games. Adding extra people to the sidelines just adds to the possibility that someone could get infected. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would assume it's a numbers thing and limiting areas to only those that need to be there. The players aren't living in bubbles like the NHL and NBA, they go home to their families and because of this risk catching it while they are away from the team. They are also not in contact regularly with the other team and with the game officials and other crew there to broadcast the games. Adding extra people to the sidelines just adds to the possibility that someone could get infected. 

I think that’s probably the reason but I do think if someone has consistently tested negatively and they trust their testing they should be allowed as long as they wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from officials etc