Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

26 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Well JRB I know your a very knowledge poster, but the Bills are never going to progress or win a SB if they keep counting on Josh to run the ball.

That is always going to be in the game plan....Josh is a duel threat QB and they are going to use this play.

I thought they overused it today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

No. He’s mobile and can escape but he is not a running QB and they continue to try to use him as such

I think he is. Not a run first Quarterback. But I do think he is a running Quarterback. Like Russell Wilson is a running Quarterback. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is always going to be in the game plan....Josh is a duel threat QB and they are going to use this play.

Agree completely with this. Part of that was Josh keeping the read options so much but there were times I thought we overused it. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is. Not a run first Quarterback. But I do think he is a running Quarterback. Like Russell Wilson is a running Quarterback. 

Agree completely with this. Part of that was Josh keeping the read options so much but there were times I thought we overused it. 

He doesn’t protect himself at contact and has fumbling issues. He is not a running QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He doesn’t protect himself at contact and has fumbling issues. He is not a running QB.

His numbers last year literally put him toward the top amongst QB’s. Not sure how you’re arriving to the point you’re at. 

Edited by TroutDog

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Some of that is on Josh to protect himself. If you want a QB who doesn't run then you are going to be disappointed. Josh is always going to. It is who he is and it is part of his arsenal.

Oh come on Gunner---your one of most knowledge posters on the board---yes, Josh is going to run at times---but anyone can see that these are designed run plays called by the OF coordinator. We drafted this guy for his big arm lets get him coached up to be the winner QB that he can be.

Edited by 1st&ten

Just now, TroutDog said:

His numbers last year literally put him at toward the top amongst QB’s. Not sure how you’re arriving to the point you’re at. 

I guess I’m saying his most effective runs (and probably a majority of his yards) don’t come from called QB keeps. He escapes and gets yards but imo he can’t be used in read option or QB sweeps like they keep trying or we are going to see more fumbles and likely injuries

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

100% overused today. I like the QB run but not so often. Having said that, it did seem like the only thing the Jets were good at for awhile was stoping the run from the RB’s.

Daboll called a good game. I think his confidence in Josh is growing and having better players doesn’t hurt. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No. He’s mobile and can escape but he is not a running QB and they continue to try to use him as such

If Josh Allen isn’t a running quarterback, there’s no such thing as a running quarterback.

Yeah he needs to be sure to secure the ball and protect himself, but he is a one of a kind playmaker with his legs. I’m glad they let him play his game. It’s what makes him good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I guess I’m saying his most effective runs (and probably a majority of his yards) don’t come from called QB keeps. He escapes and gets yards but imo he can’t be used in read option or QB sweeps like they keep trying or we are going to see more fumbles and likely injuries

I gotcha. I’d still disagree: he can work on ball possession and sliding/minimizing risk. He did well with that in the second half of last year. 

I suspect there were some jitters today and he WANTED to be hit. 

2 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Oh come on Gunner---your one of most knowledge posters on the board---yes, Josh is going to run at times---but anyone can see that these are designed run plays called by the OF coordinator. We drafted these guy for his big arm lets get him coached up to be the winner QB that he can be.

Yes some of them are designed runs. I didn't like the call he fumbled the 2nd time on, it waw unnecessary. But he is a QB who is always going to use his legs. If you want him to be a pure pocket passer that isn't who he is. To some extent you have to take the rough with the smooth. His running is a weapon. But the turnovers are a problem. 

1 minute ago, DC Greg said:

If Josh Allen isn’t a running quarterback, there’s no such thing as a running quarterback.

Yeah he needs to be sure to secure the ball and protect himself, but he is a one of a kind playmaker with his legs. I’m glad they let him play his game. It’s what makes him good.

His game is def not read option

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If thats the case you aren't going to be as productive offensively. Thats a significant part of Joshs game and very effective....when he doesn't fumble it like a moron. 

If we take out his runs completely today, what happens?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes some of them are designed runs. I didn't like the call he fumbled the 2nd time on, it waw unnecessary. But he is a QB who is always going to use his legs. If you want him to be a pure pocket passer that isn't who he is. To some extent you have to take the rough with the smooth. His running is a weapon. But the turnovers are a problem. 

Well maybe I'm too hope full that they can turn him into a big Ben type player but I'm still optimistic if they work on his passing game more he might excel. Josh's running is exciting but the better teams will shut that down or injure him.