Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Daboll can be frustrating but the QB essentially just let the ball go when trying to break his fall after getting hit..... Yea I’d stop the QB sweep plays for a while. 

Well did me draft him to be a RB or a QB---maybe he should not run him so much---he plays every offensive snap--maybe he's tires when Dabass calls these plays. If you don't have faith in your running backs then get some new ones.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So.....1-0....is Debol still on the hot seat?

Just ridiculous

I'm not sure---check back if the Bills end up 8-8 because Dadoll kept using Allen as a running back instead of a QB----I think we drafted him to be a QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I had missed this thread. Ha ha, some of you are very hard to please.

It was a great gameplan. I feel like sometimes he runs out of ideas by the 3rd quarter but still, solid plays. 

So far I've only watched two games (doh!), this home and first half of Chiefs-Texans, and plays are sharp and varied. Who needs preseason?

The only dumb thing concerning Daboll today, and it obviously is likely not his choice, is him wearing a mask while sitting by himself! WTF

So while I agree the QB sweep om which the 2nd fumble happened was a dumb call at that point (run Moss into the line twice and kick the FG - hopefully!) Josh still shouldn't have fumbled it and the reason we ran Josh so much is that our running backs sucked. The Jets defensive front does stop the conventional run game really well, it is the thing they do best.... but the concern some of us have had when drafting Singletary and Moss is neither have elite speed. Holes against good dlines close quickly and neither of our backs was hitting them fast enough today.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I was not happy about that at all

but for game one.....I think the OC is safe

Well JRB I know your a very knowledge poster, but the Bills are never going to progress or win a SB if they keep counting on Josh to run the ball.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean have you never watched Allen? He's incredibly dangerous in the red zone running it in.

Yes I've watched Allen---I've watched most Billls game since 1965. How many good QB's have we had in that time. We have a 21 point led---we don't need to risk Allen to injury--we need to see what the other guys can do. He also needs practice at throwing the ball in the red zone area. My question to you is what do you rate our chances as if Allen goes out for the season ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1st&ten said:

Well we should kill our franchise QB that we've waited 20 yrs to get ??

Some of that is on Josh to protect himself. If you want a QB who doesn't run then you are going to be disappointed. Josh is always going to. It is who he is and it is part of his arsenal.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Some of that is on Josh to protect himself. If you want a QB who doesn't run then you are going to be disappointed. Josh is always going to. It is who he is and it is part of his arsenal.

No. He’s mobile and can escape but he is not a running QB and they continue to try to use him as such