Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Daboli is not out there blocking, running, throwing or catching the ball.

He can only play the players he has

That is correct.  What offensive pieces do you feel he would need to have added, to field at least a mid-pack competitive offense?

2018 was a total suck-fest for offensive talent.

2019 was better, but we lacked enough quality WR depth; our two best guys could be taken away and our rookie TE led the league in dropsies.  We had an aged-out vet in Gore who lost effectiveness mid-season and a young promising back who missed games with injury. 

Our OL did the job OK last year given a run-threat mobile QB back there and is back, barring an injury.  We now have young 1-2 punch backs to replace the aged-out McCoy and Gore.  We have 3 proven vet WR plus a rookie.  And we have a QB who took a big step forward last year, and needs to take another step, but who should be capable of making enough plays if the WR hang on.

So I repeat: who do you think Daboll needs out there blocking, running, throwing or catching the ball?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He also should not have a play that has Pat DiMarco as the player going deep on a passing situation late in a playoff game. 
I have been Daboll’s biggest critic. I think he got better after he moved to the booth. Brian needs to keep his cool and call plays, that’s easier to do when you aren’t on the sideline. 

The play where DiMarco and Smith attracted 4 defenders to two of the Bills least talented receiving options leaving Brown and Singletary in 1v1 coverage? 

Yea. That play was a brilliant design and a good call. It failed because Brown got held up at the line and Josh got impatient.

This is exactly what I mean. Let's start the Daboll debate by only blaming him for the things that are his fault.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

no more excuses for this guy. It's time to show you can run a top 10 NFL offense. 

We are tired of our offense lagging so far behind the defense, last season I lost count on how many games our defense won while the offense struggled to score a measly 14 points. Terrible gameplans and head scratching play calling all season long. Daboll was constantly putting Allen under immense pressure with his calls, especially in the playoff game. We barely used Singletary to our advantage, hopefully that changes this season. So far in his career Daboll has shown no evidence he can lead a high powered offense in the NFL, that needs to change. 

I”m sure Daboll is quaking in his boots because he is on your hotseat. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The play where DiMarco and Smith attracted 4 defenders to two of the Bills least talented receiving options leaving Brown and Singletary in 1v1 coverage? 

Yea. That play was a brilliant design and a good call. It failed because Brown got held up at the line and Josh got impatient.

This is exactly what I mean. Let's start the Daboll debate by only blaming him for the things that are his fault.

Pat DiMarco streaking down the field should never be an option. Another player lined up there and running that route, fine. Call a different play. Sorry, that’s on Daboll to not realize the game situation.  You can break the play down and tell us what happened and why, OR you can have proper personnel on the field to optimize results. You can also call a different play entirely.  

I read several pages of this thread but not all. My hope is that Josh knows the playbook and Daboll turns the reigns loose. I think Josh is smart enough to run his version of the no huddle to be dominant in the AFC. My only hope is that Marv is not in control when these boys want to head out to the strip club the night before the big game

• Like (+1) 1

The offense has a lot of expectations this year. If they don’t meet them, Daboll will be the first to go, regardless of blame (a lot on of it will be his). That’s understandable. 

But make no mistake, if Daboll gets let go this year, Josh also probably had bad year. Which puts significant pressure on year 4. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

The first running play for negative yardage I’m making a thread and calling for his head

I’m curious on whether Vegas has odds on if someone beats you to it with their “I’m done with this team and I’m never coming back” thread. 

I wish those people would live up to their promises.

It’s a huge year for both Daboll and Josh. I hope they can relax and just keep making progress. The same is true for McD. He’s still a fairly new HC, and he admits he needs to keep improving. I like what I see in our future. 

• Like (+1) 1