Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

When you give the offensive coordinator full control of that side of the ball and it doesn’t live up to expectations, you have to imagine the guy will be on the hot seat faster than most. With the arsenal that is at the Bills disposal, and the continuity on that side of the ball, playcalling is going to be as important as ever. Daboll is going to have to be much more innovative and effective than we’ve seen.

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He may be on your personal hot seat, but, sorry, you don't matter.  At this point I think the Bills are pretty confident that the offense is going to be more productive than last year, probably significantly.  Sean McDermott obviously wants an uptick in production, and eventually a disappointing output from the offense would force his hand on making a change, but it would take a while as the whole organization seems to value stability too.  They will have to be sure Daboll is not the answer before they cut bait.

A rational response to an irrational topic. The team would have to fully schitt the bed before McDermott would introduce a new offiensive coordinator to a team (and sport) that thrives on consistency.

That's not to say there aren't areas that require improvement. Simply not having Frank Gore in on every 3rd and short is addition by subtraction. I'd like to see them more aggressive when the opportunity presents itself with time on the clock before the half and a timeout or two in their pocket. My sense is adding Diggs and Moss will automatically make them more aggressive overall.

But hey...nothing like a panic post to get the weekend started.

• Like (+1) 3

He has the year to prove it, unless the offense is just so bad he gets fired mid season.

I have an open mind. Haven't cast judgement on him yet. I could see him being good or being bad. Let's hope he is good.

12 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Weren't you a boy scout?  You know, always be prepared.... 

Everyone knows the proper procedure to starting a season are

1. Get out pitchforks and polish them in preparation for running the scapegoat out of town (if you are not a pitchfork carrier make sure your torch is clean and you have plenty of matches and starter fluid)

2. Pick up your shirt/jersey off the floor under your couch where it ended up after the last game

3. Retrieve your Hat and dust it off  from behind the TV where it ended up after you through it at the end of the last game while screaming how your done with this team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

no more excuses for this guy. It's time to show you can run a top 10 NFL offense. 

We are tired of our offense lagging so far behind the defense, last season I lost count on how many games our defense won while the offense struggled to score a measly 14 points. Terrible gameplans and head scratching play calling all season long. Daboll was constantly putting Allen under immense pressure with his calls, especially in the playoff game. We barely used Singletary to our advantage, hopefully that changes this season. So far in his career Daboll has shown no evidence he can lead a high powered offense in the NFL, that needs to change. 

Another garbage post. Hot, stinking garbage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think it's just as much about McD sitting on 8-point leads than Daboll calling the plays. If we can still be be aggressive with a lead on offense instead of making every game close, we'll take the next step.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I think it's just as much about McD sitting on 8-point leads than Daboll calling the plays. If we can still be be aggressive with a lead on offense instead of making every game close, we'll take the next step.

I agree we just need to be more aggressive. We started the Houston playoff game that way for example, but then took foot off the gas once we had a good lead. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a lot of pressure on Daboll. And on Josh Allen. I think the Bills have to be around the middle of the league in terms of ranking and they have to be able to engineer drives when we need them.

BINGO!  Fans love to criticize Daboll but give Allen a free pass.  

Both have been in Buffalo for 3 seasons, have been given some degree of freedom/autonomy, and have provided with some excellent offensive weapons.  

I don’t see how you can’t lump them together in terms of offensive success.  If the offense is good or bad it will attributed to both of them.  

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They actually didn’t. They took the complete opposite approach with that 16 point lead. Allen became erratic, turned the ball over, offensive line break downs and the game became a mess offensively.

Let's give the defensive coaching their due here. Includng McD

Houston, 3rd down and eighteen and the derensive play call was pure Pop Warner coaching. 

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

no more excuses for this guy. It's time to show you can run a top 10 NFL offense. 

We are tired of our offense lagging so far behind the defense, last season I lost count on how many games our defense won while the offense struggled to score a measly 14 points. Terrible gameplans and head scratching play calling all season long. Daboll was constantly putting Allen under immense pressure with his calls, especially in the playoff game. We barely used Singletary to our advantage, hopefully that changes this season. So far in his career Daboll has shown no evidence he can lead a high powered offense in the NFL, that needs to change. 

Why in the world would you put Daboll on the hot seat before Josh Allen?

Who do you think has more impact on wins and losses in this league?  The OCs of the league or the QBs?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a lot of pressure on Daboll. And on Josh Allen. I think the Bills have to be around the middle of the league in terms of ranking and they have to be able to engineer drives when we need them.

Why is the "middle of the league" an acceptable goal?  This is McD's 4th year; Josh's year to shine and prove he's the man; we have a lot of stability, almost complete roster turnover to Beane and McD's satisfaction.

They've loaded up the offense with weapons, at least by traditional Bills standards.

Stop with the excuses.

Do you ever want to see the Bills in a Super Bowl again before you die?

I do!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Watch the games. Daboll got guys open and Josh missed them. The only person this season depends on is Allen.

But Josh is the 7th overall pick.. plenty of talent and potential for a competent OC to groom.. a big part of Daboll’s job is the development of Josh Allen.. Daboll will go before Josh does....

• Like (+1) 2